[Enabled] Beta Release of the Curve API for Animation Authoring

This is great! Would it be possible for scaling capabilities to be added to animations? It would be a massive help.

1 Like

I cant post in #feature-requests:studio-features so I will just say it here.

PLEASE add back the functionality of being able to click on parts WELDED to an animatable part to select the part that you can animate.
I LOVED this feature in the old animation editor, but its not present in the current one.
We are not allowed to mod the built in animation editor either as it requires FFlags (which user plugins are not allowed to use)

If someone would not be okay with this feature, just include it as a setting

I really hope this will get added back

1 Like

Last December, we enabled the Beta feature letting you create CurveAnimations in the AnimationClipEditor. However, due to an issue in a critical dependency required to support the new animation type in experiences, we were forced to disable the ability to publish CurveAnimation assets to Roblox. We are now confident that it can be enabled again as the necessary migrations have been successful!

Note: We are aware that the performance of the new animation type is still suboptimal and are working on optimizations to bring it on par with that of regular KeyframeSequences.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.