Enforce #code-review's posts to not be about fixing issues with code

Currently, #help-and-feedback:code-review some posts which were should be in #help-and-feedback:scripting-support instead, posts which are about fixing an issue, like an error, or unexpected behaviour.

#help-and-feedback:code-review should be (and technically is) only for help with improving already working code.

However, currently, you can find multiple topics which are supposed to be on #help-and-feedback:scripting-support.
One of them I even went to flag, and it said it “was reviewed and doesn’t need to be flagged again”, even though it’s on the wrong category.

As someone who likes to help people with optimization and making already existing code better, as I’m not good with knowing how to implement things, this is specially annoying because you expect to only see things that need optimization or refactoring.

8 Likes

More moderation should be shifted to #help-and-feedback in general.
Maybe this will change as #collaboration is sadly closing, so more resources can shift over to these type of categories.

1 Like

I feel that the main issue of people mixing up these two topics is because the explanation of these categories can be kind of vague if you aren’t carefully reading.

For example, without any context, the words “code review” and “scripting support” sound very similar, and without elaboration, it may be hard for someone to tell which category their post belongs to.

And when the user looks into the descriptions of the categories or the pinned posts on them, it could confuse them even more.

For example, in the pinned message of #help-and-feedback:scripting-support, the very first sentence on there is:

The wording of this should be changed. Saying “everything related to scripting” is, again, super vague and is definitely causing confusion as to what can and can’t go in #help-and-feedback:scripting-support.

1 Like