:EquipTool() not working when the tool is in ServerStorage

Ah, then maybe all it is, is just the tool.Enabled = true that will activate it for equipping.

He’s talking about if a person is standing in the spot of the workspace when it’s moved to the workspace.

But I don’t think that’s a concern, since it will automatically be equipped by the correct player after it’s moved.

No, I put it in workspace without code.

1 Like

Quick update: it’s not working at all now. Doesn’t even throw a infinite yield

…the gun is already in serverstorage. That won’t change a thing.

1 Like

What difference would that make though?

Could you just briefly check that the gun actually works? Try putting it in StarterPack for a moment

Uh… so randomly it started working?
Thank you…?

…

ROBLOX Studio you’re drunk go home

I swear there’s been a whole lot of recent occurrences with scripts not working, and sometimes randomly working & I don’t know why that issue keeps happening?

1 Like

I know there is a solution, but instead of inserting it into workspace, why don’t you insert it into the players Backpack, and then run Humanoid:EquipTool(tool)? Putting it in the workspace seems weird.

1 Like

It’s meant to be in serverstorage or workspace, I don’t want the player to have the tool immediately

1 Like

Ah ok, well after testing what you can do is insert the tool into ReplicatedStorage and then run the equip tool function. That way there is no worries about an exploiter getting the tool, but to be honest I don’t know how they would since as soon as it’s inserted into workspace right after the Humanoid equips it.

Edit:
[Just saw meant to be in ServerStorage or Workspace]