Error cloning highlight on client side

Why do you keep deleting your posts? It’s really not helping.

Also make sure Archivable is turned on?

Firing to a client requires the player instance to fire to.

Because I said something useless

Here’s the explorer in case it helps:

Anyway, so just to understand the goal is to be able to target an instance and highlight it on the client (temporarily?) If you have no other scripts managing this then I’ll quickly recreate the scenario on my studio so we can take a look what’s different

There shouldn’t be any issues though, as this is the only script dealing with this

I mean in your original script you aren’t even deleting the cloned highlight… This entire problem is because you are probably passing the wrong ‘Parent’ variable. I asked you to show us the parent variable from the server side but you haven’t yet.

The class of this is a part

The OP’s issue isn’t removing highlights so I don’t think you should be too hung up on that. All will be resolved :smiley: I’ll quickly remake the example on my studio so we can have a look

Okay so there is obviously something lost in the fireclient? You have the parent variable server side but when you send it over you are receiving nil? There is something going on there.

Agreed, but I’ve tried debugging by removing class check, and it’s done nothing. The code shown in the original post is the only code dealing with this RemoteEvent.

Whats
local Highlight
local OnTop
local parent
we kinda need to know these

Can you try this and get back to me? Just adding prints to the variables:

game.ReplicatedStorage.RemoteEvents.Highlight.OnClientEvent:Connect(function(highlight: Highlight, OnTop: boolean, parent: Instance)
    print(highlight)
    print(OnTop)
    print(parent)
end)

Check the first post. ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ v

I’m beginning to wonder if this is an engine bug.

you didnt give us that information. Thank Krex, he basically did what I was asking for.

Alright now we are getting somewhere. There is really no fix for this if it is a complete roblox studio scripting bug. I have no idea why you are getting nil.

Oh sorry, I didn’t understand what you meant

Yeah, it’s strange how all of the other parameters are passed onto the client just fine, but the parent parameter returns nil each time.

I was talking about something similar like this:
I need the information circled in red.