Error preventing player data from loading in game: "Data Store operations blocked while running on a Personal RCC..."

About 1 hour ago this error has started appearing on my game:
DataStoreService: OperationNotAllowed: Data Store operations blocked while running on a Personal RCC to prevent possible data corruption. API: UpdateAsync, Data Store: psData
Project Smash - Roblox

This error happens both in studio AND in game, and started popping up around 3:30, and now has around 300,000 errors in our analytics. I do use ProfileService but it’s clear that this issue is beyond that.

The only way to repro is to rejoin my game in private servers (to start a new server) until you are placed in an RCC server. The server log is spammed with the errors from ProfileService retrying the calls.

Here’s an image of the errors for my MemoryStoreService calls:

And for datastore calls:

10 Likes

Big issue on our game as well… Session length is dropping quickly and servers are broken completely. No updates were pushed on our end.

1 Like

nothing changed, and the errors/warnings count spiked up

1 Like

I can confirm this issue is occurring in Arm Wrestle Simulator as well. The game has >10k CCU right now, so this issue is pretty impactful.

2 Likes

I have the same error. It appears randomly in new servers and prevents data loading for all players

1 Like

This is happening in Fabled Legacy as well, large drop in playercount due to it.

2 Likes

@tnavarts I believe you could look into this?

1 Like

Thanks for the report, we are taking a look.

4 Likes

happening in [NEW YEARS EVENT] Peroxide - Roblox as well and its game breaking for entire server

server details:
2024-01-10T23:23:32.082Z,103.082397,3dc4,6 [FLog::Output] Connecting to UDMUX server 128.116.1.33:63695, and RCC server 10.208.14.140:63695

1 Like

Same here

2 Likes

We found the problem and are issuing a fix now.

4 Likes

Thank you for creating this report as i was also ready to create one myself.

Yes it has the same issue in our game too

And here you can see how our playtime dropped massively because of this

Looking forward for an update about the fix as soon as possible, thank you!

1 Like

This issue should be resolved, please let me know if you still encounter it.

5 Likes

Is this rolled out to existing servers or will I have to migrate affected servers?

1 Like

Mine seems to have been fixed, thank you for being so quick and responsive!

But i would like to know the answer to this too

1 Like

My games playtime seems.to have risen back to where it used to be so i assume there is no need for migration, thats just my assumption based on data ive got

No action is needed from you, we will migrate players away from the problematic servers.

5 Likes