Error Uploading Asset, responseCode 404

“Error Uploading Asset, responseCode 404” Appears when trying to import maps for Material Manager. Is there anyone else having this and is there any fix ?

8 Likes

Yep same issue, seems like a problem on ROBLOX’s end

3 Likes

Good to know! Got worried for a second

im also dealing with the same issue

Having the same issue, wondering when this will be fixed :sob:

1 Like

Same problem, the only workaround that I know of right now is using the website and just uploading materials there

I was using the material manager fine until I went to make food then came back 1 hour later to this issue occurring. I wanted to make this reply in case it helps narrowing down the issue if it serves any relevance. I’ve been experiencing this for quite some time now. From my knowledge, this issue started happening after the announcement post was made, don’t quote me on that lol;

https://devforum.roblox.com/t/3d-import-recap-mar-apr-2024/2979668

There’s quite a few workarounds that you can do to upload the images instead. The one thing I personally don’t like about uploading is you can’t make changes to the image after it’s uploaded without having to re-upload a second image.

Where with the material manager, you can upload an image before uploading it officially to Roblox which allows you to make changes before uploading to avoid multiple uploads of different versions of the same image.

I wonder if there is a plugin that allows for loading local images to see how it looks in game before uploading to your account or if it would something to make as an studio request lol

1 Like

Having same issue, hopefully Roblox fixes this soon