Every username is taken

it’s in Roblox’s interest to crack down on third-party transactions of Roblox assets, content and currency. Instead of banning fraudulent users, they can hurt offsite markets by creating their own, on-platform Roblox version of it and regulating it.

Imagine a system where one can safely buy and sell, not only limiteds but also things like accounts, account names, groups, group names, games, scripts and other whatnot things on Roblox with any value. Right now, everyone here that wants a new cool name can already capitalise on it.

1 Like

Not a good thing. In fact, it was one of the worst updates in my opinion. Leaderboard? Useless. Knowing your friends’ usernames/display names? Impossible. Trying to report a player? Now you need to worry about their “twin”.

Things should have stayed the same. My username has a long story, but it all started when the Xbox app generated a gamertag for me. The name was not taken, and I joined Roblox in October 2018 if I remember correctly. This was not a problem when setting up my account, and I don’t understand why anyone wants to be named “person”.

If you cannot find a username, use a username generator like the Xbox gamertag generator.

Edit: Also taking into consideration that guests were removed, there are a lot more throwaway accounts. I guess this problem is becoming more relevant, so I might not be up to date.

2 Likes

Uh, sure man. It’s not like the leaderboard also shows a users real username.

It does, but you gotta click them. It’s a real pain in 20+ player servers.

1 Like