Experiences using Marketplace Items - Policy update

Not to mention that if your the developer in the game, a “single” report can ban your whole game in a instant

2 Likes

Will I get banned for a noob NPC? Do I need to get rod of Helper?

1 Like

This is the worst update since removing tix. I do not like the direction that the site is moving in. Games like prop hunt’s accessory feature will be rendered totally defunct. This is the beginning of the end of Roblox.

1 Like

This is the beginning of the end. Is there a real reason for this update?

1 Like

“refine the policy as appropriate while respecting creators’ rights”

Refining this update should just be completely scrapping it altogether. There is no section of this update that benefits anyone and going forward with it would be ridiculous.

10 Likes

Great… Now I literally need to redo all my characters or just remove the feature in BLOXY KART and my newly released BOB game…

I rather just quit and move on. Goodbye.
Thank God this update was cancelled.

2 Likes

Alright…where do I start.

Point #1: Game Developer Woes

Alright, so you want to make sure people can buy the item they may be equipping. Seems good in practice.

…Until you see that you have to keep it up for as long as they have it equipped. This is COMPLETELY ruining any chance of immersion. What if you had a prompt like so:
But then, someone equips another item. Do you have to make sure the item prompt is visible at all costs? If that is the case, then if you equip anymore then 6 items, a good portion of your screen is covered if you have to continously offset the GUIs that pop up whenever you have it equipped.

Alright, now THIS. As if having to continously bombard ads onto whoever equipped the items was bad enough, now you have to make sure the items you’re using are public and not limited. Alright…seems, arbitrary.

Actually, what counts as a restricted item? What if the game saves the users’ previous outfit? What if that user has a zero quantity, limited chicken hat on, and the game saves that user’s outfit. They change their outfit, and rejoin. Would the game now be breaking the policy because they prompted the user to change to THEIR outfit that THEY own the items to? This can also apply to offsale items.

This policy can be abused maliciously, such as what if a hat owner makes an item public, and purposefully waits for multiple games to incorporate it into their NPCs, characters, whatever. Then, they make it private, and purposefully report all of the games experiences that the item was used in. This is abusable beyond what clearly anyone at ROBLOX involved with this update thought.

How do you prove a direct agreement? Do we file “metaverse contracts” for “metaverse experiences” to allow “metaverse consumers” to use our “metaverse marketplace items”?

Ah yes, I remember the audio update in March, 3 months was TOTALLY enough for EVERYONE to change their audio, not at all games having to be shutdown because scripts relied on audio for timing. Now, with 8 days to change the appearance and functionality of certain games with wishi-washi messaging and guidelines, I’m sure the community will do very fine.

Point #2: Foolish Answers Quota

Look, call me skeptical, but have you actually asked any of those creators? Not just like, a focus group that you paid them to say yes?

Yeah, instead of at least trying to help your community, you’re instead purging about 40% in 8 days. This proves that Roblox did this completely out of the blue, even within their own team.

I can’t wait for someone who has ZERO involvement with my game’s development to repeatedly spam report me, get my game suspended, then have to constantly show proof that I am allowed to use the items I’m using in my game. Also, what counts as evidence? Discord and any website communication can be easily faked. If a game gets repeatedly taken down, it will kill it. Though as clearly demonstrated, time and time again with ROBLOX’s crappy updates, they do not know what kills their platform.

Multiple instances of IP infringement, including Dragon Ball and One Piece by Shonen Jump. Heck, the “Anime King Mask” is made by someone IN the star program.

And even, drumroll please… An accessory based on a controversial creator, which was also based off of a furry obsession comic! Truly amazing.

23 Likes

Can you instead cancel this TOS change? If this rolls out, you will lose a lot of money + stock prices, including getting roughly 70% 50% of games possibility moderated.

6 Likes

This change is poor from Roblox, probably going on my top 10 worst Roblox decisions, maybe just after dynamic faces being forced. It still questions me who calls the shots on these product changes that never go down positively in the community, this is the, third, this year? I’m not sure.

I defend controversial features generally, but forcing developers to add intrusive “would you like to buy this item” window destroys a lot of game’s UX, what about items are offsale? Whats the purpose of the “IncludeOffSale” value in CatalogSearchParams if I cant use it?

I’m not a UGC creator, so I cant speak here, but pretty sure they didn’t care too much about their stuff being used in games.

Please talk to your developers before pressing “go” on a change that gets met negatively because someone doesn’t read the room.

8 Likes

Something is wrong with you guys. Making stupid decisions again. Listen to your community. Theres no reason for this to even be considered.

5 Likes

Previous comment was a bit heated and got moved, so i’ll restate it again here:

I am opposed to this policy change in every way, while good on paper for protecting creator’s IP rights, it may very seriously and directly harm the “catalog heaven” / “try-on shopping” type experiences, which help foster player creativity and help users express themselves on Roblox. I would reccommend scrapping this idea entirely.

2 Likes

No way I just read halfway through a whole reply by @Penguinzuma and then had it deleted on me.

The only thing I like about this update is the fact that it doesn’t mean I have to force my character to be the avatar, which, strangely, is what I thought it meant.

What are you doing to yourself, Roblox?

2 Likes

Stocks are already tanking as is, they’ve went down by 7.50% this week alone. And it’s gonna keep going down if they don’t clean their act.

5 Likes

I think a watermark on this content would be a much better way to approach this instead of forcing people to buy.

1 Like

Roblox canceled the rollout for now. We the update post at the top of the post.

1 Like

I’m specifically referring to games that use Roblox gears for Tools, which is a lot of old games. My game Zombie Rush gets most of it’s weapons from Gear, which up until this announcement has been fine to use. There’s a bit in there that says if a game is using Roblox IP, then you should report it, which is a clear stance against what’s been normalized for years. If Roblox followed through with this, it would make any game using Gear a target. Also I made my post before Roblox said they’re going to pause on this policy, now we just get to wait to see if they really go through with it.

2 Likes

this update will ruin your community what are you guys thinking?!?!?!!

3 Likes

Will you get banned if you have a Noob NPC in your game or any NPC with a Roblox face? Alson whay about NPCs with hats?

2 Likes

MONEY hence why other corprates does it the more they implement things the more they make behind paywall

2 Likes

I own a outfits game and trust me that type of game increases sales of UGC Creators, because it is like free advertisment for their ugc items, this update will kill that games decreasing a part of the UGC Sales

1 Like