Experiencing Studio Breaking Issues Caused by Scripts

Reproduction Steps

Direct Links: https://gyazo.com/0cbb22b2101de2b0bb3dcc6523e4e095

System Information: Intel(R) Core i7-10870H CPU @2.20GHz, Installed Ram: 32.0 GB, 64-bit operating system & x64-based processor, Windows 11 Home

Beta Features: No beta features are enabled.

Reproduction Files: Not relevant as this issue is being caused for one person on all studio games in particular.

Expected Behavior

Being able to access scripts without the Roblox Studio application becoming unresponsive.

Actual Behavior

Instead of being able to access scripts, studio will become highly unresponsive.

Workaround

This happens in all studio games, regardless of plugins or studio graphics rendering.

Issue Area: Studio
Issue Type: Freezing
Impact: Very High
Frequency: Constantly
Date First Experienced: 2022-06-29 11:06:00 (-07:00)
A private message is associated with this bug report

1 Like

What are you saying here? Scripts can freeze if they’re long, it might be the fact your processor is 2.20GHz base speed, although my 1ghz laptop can handle Studio fine, although it’s turbo is 3.50GHz. Can you send a video of that happening again with Task Manager’s Performance window open again?

Here is a video of the incident occurring. The scripts aren’t long so they aren’t sure what is going on.

I am filling this out on someone else’s behalf so please forgive me if my wording is off.

1 Like

Did reinstalling studio fix the problem? Sometimes this is not an issue with Studio and it’s an issue with Windows.

Thanks for the report ! Could you provide some logs ?

Sorry for the bump, but I experience the same issue with my desktop PC.

It’s an MSI Infinite A, with 8GB of RAM. The PC isn’t slow at all, it was made in 2019 and editing in studio. I will post more information later.

If I’m experiencing the problem, how can I log this?

You can refer to this post: How to post a Bug Report - Bug Reports - Developer Forum | Roblox