Exploit Prevention Help

So there is quite a few exploits going around but the main one i’m concerned about is people being able to steal games… Is there a way to block people from either injecting a exploit all together or at least block them from loading the script saveinstance()

1 Like

Threads on “how to prevent exploits” have been made millions of times before. The ultimate response is no.

no. You can’t stop 100% of exploits. You can try, maybe it can help with “smaller” exploits, but the exploiter will always be able to circumvent it.

Well how about to saveinstance() which saves the game map

I don’t know how map stealing comes in to play, but either way since it’s local you can’t stop it completely.

Might want to look at Exploiting Explained by Autterfly.

There could be Exploit Detections you can add, like maybe a player made his sword a higher damage over the maximum damage and maybe kick them for that or something. But you can’t completely stop exploits. Just make sure most of your scripts handle in the Server and you use your RemoteEvents correctly.

1 Like

Just to clarify, stuff like “saveinstance()”, which i assume is just saving the map as you said, will NEVER be protected, because any contents loaded by the client (player) upon entering a place (UIs, Parts, Meshes, Animations), it is loaded into their PC, and can just retrieve it with a software.

If you’re way too bothered with it, you’ll most likely have to try out a script based game, they cannot reach what’s in ServerScriptStorage/ServerScriptService at all.

1 Like