Exploiters are ruining my games

I honestly think this is where the problem lies. I have spent so much time and effort looking through code and setup, and gotten nowhere.
Also, could I reinstall these plugins on an alternative account, so I could use them there while I build/animate characters? I suppose this won’t pose a threat.

1 Like

Once you fix the problem, you can then spend time setting up an anti exploit system. Such as, AntiNoclip, Antispeedhack, Anti Teleport, Etc…

1 Like

Plugins you install are added to your machine, not really loaded in from the website as it should be.(take a hint roblox) Removing them on one account only to add it back on another won’t solve anything.

2 Likes

I got several computers :wink: lol

Yeah I really look forward to that! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I can help you out with that when you need it!

Just message me on the devforum

1 Like

I will for sure give this a try, I really believe in it. And if the exploiters disappears, I think we got a solution

1 Like

There’s actually a setting in Roblox Studio under the Studio tab named “Show Hidden Objects in Explorer”. You can browse through these objects and see of there’s any abnormalities. Toggling this setting completely reveals everything.

2 Likes

As @colbert2677 said, there is an option to show a lot more than is already visible.

Secondly, make sure your remotes are secure. An exploiter can send anything through a remote. They can stop remotes from being received on the client, stop remotes from being received on the server, they can disguise properties on the client, change functions on the client, etc.

They can quite literally do anything on the client. If you don’t have any backdoors in your game this is most likely a remote of yours that is doing something it shouldn’t. Here’s some examples of what could go wrong:

blah.OnServerEvent:Connect(function(object)
    if typeof(object) == "Instance" then
        object:Destroy() -- An exploiter can destroy anything now
    end
end)
wearAsset.OnServerEvent:Connect(function(assetId)
    if typeof(assetId) == "number" then
        InsertService:LoadAsset(assetId).Parent = character -- Exploiter can now load anything made by you or Roblox, or any free models you've taken which are still in your inventory.
    end
end)
1 Like

I had a similar issue with plugin backdoors. Two of the common plugins I had installed on my ROBLOX studio made some hidden changes in my game, similar to the hidden thanos virus model. If the backdoor plugin was smart, assuming in this case they probably were, they might of parented some hidden objects in your game. I would suggest you try using this to see if you can find any hidden objects and/or scripts in your game. This has been redacted as the plugin I suggested contained backdoor code to a content-deleted module, apologies. Found out after searching through CSGDictionaryService for the hidden Backpack backdoor.

Sorry, replied to the wrong person. This was meant for the OP.

1 Like

Since backdoor plugins usually create a Backpack instance in order for their scripts to run, you could try running something like this in studio’s command bar to see if you have any hidden backdoors:

for i,v in pairs(game:GetDescendants()) do
    if v.ClassName == "Backpack" then
        print(v:GetFullName())
    end
end

(or if still no results, make it print all scripts and see which ones aren’t yours)

1 Like

My own topic helped me the most hands down I am glad that I made this topic because now I know how to secure my game I am glad that those people replied who knew what I was on about and knew how to secure the game.

2 Likes

I believe that issue was patched and is no longer exploitable. OP prob has some abusable remotes

1 Like

Thanks for the tip! There are a lot of BinaryStringValues named “Physics Data” in CSGDictionaryService. Are these supposed to be there?

I believe they should be there because in the game I am currently working on has those same things.

1 Like

You might want to check whether or not there are any suspicious folders in there. I check my game, and I had a virus / backdoor in there (That I removed) . If there is a suspicious folder / script in there with a weird name containing any of the following characters(Or if the name is nil) : ‘ݣ’, ‘�’, ‘?’, or if the folder / script has lots of numbers or weird symbols, and stuff, that means your game has been backdoored.

2 Likes

Checked. No folders or anything suspicious to me. Also I uninstalled the plugins yesterday, and today I have been undercover on almost every server in my game and none of them have been hacked yet :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Great to know those news, please keep us updated about the situation!

4 Likes

It seems like the problem is solved! No exploiters have been spotted during the last days, and I am really happy about this! :smiley:
Im marking this post as solved, and thank you everyone for your help! :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I am glad to hear that. Now you can prank exploiters and tell them that you patched the issue, and tell them what you did (When they join the game), and I bet you will really make em’ mad! :smiley:

2 Likes