Exploiters can crash servers

I saw someone claiming to be able to crash any server by spamming some chat function. Cant confirm its the same as the one that was shared.

1 Like

Can you share the anti cheat or at least the exploit?

Actually I know some other ways to crash clients (slower but still possible) by using built-in methods like dropping hats.
I don’t know why roblox does not fix these engine bugs.

I tested this now in baseplate and it kinda works. It freezed my game for 5 seconds. Because of studio permissions I could not get the function to replicate but I’m sure it probably replicates in exploit execution and if you were to loop it you may crash all clients.

I’m pretty sure it wouldn’t work, as it would just crash the game client because of too many packets being sent to the server. It could work, just don’t know.

I can try and make an anti-cheat for developers to use.
Give me a couple minutes, :triumph:

1 Like

I was going to share a script to stop it a few days ago but forgot. I released it in its own thread like I did with the old NetworkOwnership exploit.
If you’d like to view it, here’s a link

1 Like

Hi @VladimrLenin I Can’t share this Script, i Already report this Exploit to the roblox exploit team I think they will do their best to fix it

Ok So, @VladimrLenin An Update for you’re problem,
The last day i report this problem to roblox and right now they answered me.

So i think that you’re problem will be fixed soon!
Happy to have helped you :heart:

1 Like

I think this is also something to do with illegal ddos, as it seems for my game players do not have to be in the server for the server to crash on it’s own.

I don’t think so … there must always be a person inside the server to at least loop the script and make it crash.
it is difficult to talk about ddos attack it would go relate to the safety of roblox.com

1 Like

I have just tested the chat crasher one with my friend and it seems to work, however, I do not know if the tool crasher works (yet!)

1 Like

I think it’s kinda fixed, I didn’t see any server crash for a few days

But we still get reports from a few people keep crashing every 5 minutes. At least this time other clients don’t crash it looks like a personal problem related to device however 3-4 weeks ago everything was perfect game crashes like this were never seen until now.

Nope, I could still crash it and my friend would tell me that the server had crashed and he had left. Nothing related to the network nor ddosing the server (which would be illegal).

1 Like

I’m really sorry, I didn’t know that.

1 Like

For my game the problem persist for some people seems like it’s exactly device related. While specific client crashes other clients never crash. I reported it to staff now waiting respond.

There’s also a new one abusing the chat vulnerabilities (I patched it and reported to exploit group already), but as @VladimirLenin is saying, only certain devices seem to crash so it’s unlikely but there’s some crashes that only target mobile/ipad and so on.

1 Like

True, mobile players keep crashing after playing 2 minutes even in empty servers so it’s a roblox bug but I don’t know why roblox is ignoring this.

By the way all clients crashing is never seen in my game for a week so the exploit is probably patched by roblox or our updates (we did a lot of updates and optimization since then)

When they the clients claim they crash, does the client application kick them out with a notification such as lost connection or does the application not respond, Its really hard to know what is truly going on if we don’t have any sort example of this happening.

The chat crash method seems to be patched, still not sure about the tool glitch.

1 Like