Intuitive Debugger: IMPOSSIBLE to uncollapse any object in EXPLORER window while debugging

Steps

1. Create a new project

2. Create a Frame

3. Create a LocalScript

4. Set a breakpoint on the first line of LocalScript

5. Run

6. When it pauses on the breakpoint, Ctrl+p to find and type frame

7. Hit Enter to select the object. The ‘Properties’ are shown, but Explorer window is not:

Note

It’s happening both with Explorer beta on and off

1 Like

I know why this is happening and maybe already landed a fix for it in this/next week’s release. I’m investigating now.

To be clear, this only happens when debugging?

1 Like

Yes

1 Like

Yeah, looks like my fix is going to apply to this too. Keep an eye out in the changelog.

2 Likes

Just to add, this problem also occurs when the script stops at an error line.

Sorry, but this is the behavior I’ve been criticizing for a long time.
Fixes to a reported bug in the forum should be posted in the same original forum thread.
Leaving developers to find out on their own if a bug has been fixed is incorrect and unproductive, as many developers can spend months (or even years) using an unnecessary workaround, just because they were not advised of the correction in the right way (i.e., in the thread that originally reported the error).

That is fair enough, I am just not confident I will remember this thread. I’ll set a reminder to myself.

1 Like

Just to point out, with this current bug it is IMPOSSIBLE to search for objects inside Explorer, while there is an error or debugging (even trying to manually open it with the mouse):

a

So, this is URGENT! :point_left:t2:

1 Like

I changed the title as this is a GENERAL BUG in the Explorer window while debugging.

Should be fixed now, let me know if it is not.

2 Likes

Fixed.
Thanks for letting me know.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.