Explorer [Selection and Navigation Beta]

DeFactoCepti mentioned it before, but we have a ton of work coming in this area very soon, I think we’re just waiting to flip some flags (We might even have some now? Need to check what is in the latest release :slight_smile: ).

1 Like

I waited ages for this, finally!

1 Like

Hope updates like this will be throughout the whole year

1 Like

I love the changes!
One thing I would love to be addressed too though is a bug where the selection tool automatically activates during playtesting, I find it very annoying because I have to manually deactivate it everytime I want to playtest, any plans to fix it? Seems like an easy problem

1 Like

Hi @RoyallyFlushed - thank you for the feedback! I wasn’t able to reproduce the bug you described occurring when deleting an instance and undoing that deletion – would you mind providing more specific reproducible steps so that we can identify and resolve this issue? Thank you!

1 Like

I am glad that this is finally going to be a thing! There has been so many times where I had all of these expanded objects and wished I could close them all without having to manually collapsing all of those objects individually one by one. :smiley:

Hey @kirazeee325, Thanks for looking into this! I was contacted by @SubtleShuttle a while ago regarding the matter. I’ve gone ahead and cc’d you in to the convo.

Really appreciate the help with this!! :stuck_out_tongue:

It seems like the CTRL + A shortcut is active even when testing in Play Solo. I can’t test my game properly because crouching (CTRL) and attempting to move left (A) selects objects instead.

Seems like you just need to disable a setting.

File > Studio Settings > Studio > Advanced > Respect Studio shortcuts when game has focus

Disable that setting, and you shouldn’t be able to trigger studio shortcuts while testing!

3 Likes

Oops! Didn’t even know that, sorry!

Updated the post to reflect new Explorer navigation functionality that we’ve added to this beta!

2 Likes

I like this update! Now the explorer pane behaves more like a tree view in Windows’ File Explorer or a similar UI. I have one request, though: Could the backspace key have its behavior changed? I sometimes press backspace and find that it deleted whatever I was selecting while testing. Backspace doesn’t delete anything in File Explorer so it doesn’t make sense for it to do that in Roblox Studio.

I love these updates more than anything.

These are not flashy updates, but reduce millions of useless hours of developers trying to use mouse to collapse/uncollapse stupid folders and parts, or try to anchored thousands of parts in a model.

This is real help like you built a bridge or highway for millions of cars to save time <3

1 Like

These features have been released out of beta and are now on prod!

2 Likes

Great addition to Roblox Studio, would also like to be able to toggle the auto expand folder when something is drag/droped into another folder

Julian

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.