Exporting Roblox Terrain to C4D Textures

Hello! :wave:

I have been experimenting with Cinema 4D for quite some time and to be honest I am quite knew to the system, I just learnt that you can import textures of Roblox Terrain and other Textures, But I don’t know how… can anyone show me how to do it, Well I am using Cinema 4D as I think it gives a better look to the GFX.

I saw a Material Essentials pack from @Mapplestick but that is for Blender.
Link - https://devforum.roblox.com/t/material-essentials-1-0/32947

But please show me how I can import Textures of Roblox Terrain.

I have tried this myself and I believe right now it is not possible, anyways I recommend using custom materials found on sites like C4D Centre, sadly you’d have to manually apply them to the polygons you wish, although this will yield a way cleaner and better result.

1 Like

Also, sorry for the double post but make sure you have ambient occlusion enabled.

3 Likes

I don’t think it’s possible yet.

But you can find Roblox Material Textures on the internet.

Here is a thumbnail I finished today, as you can see the sand is the same sand texture on Roblox.

2 Likes

I think that when using textures like these, you have to be careful that its seamless, otherwise you get lines going through such as those above.

2 Likes

Yes, Thank you for your suggestion of me using C$D Centre but the problem is when I tried Downloading some Textures 2 of them I downloaded were both Corrupt Files…Are they all Corrupt files only?

It’s possible, here is an example of a texture I did using roblox textures in cinema4d. If you guys want, I can make a tutorial on how to do this. This method also works on Terrain imported from Roblox Studio, since that was the whole reason I tried to find a method to do it in cinema4d.

DISCLAIMER - You DO NOT need octane for this… This works in regular cinema4d

I can also teach you how to make it seamless if needed.
The method is called “Vertex Mapping”, there aren’t many tutorials on YouTube honestly, and for the textures I go into roblox studio, and then I screenshot the Texture on a flat surface with hardly any lighting so there are no reflections. Then I bring it into photoshop and try to make it into atleast a 1024x1024 Texture, and create a bump, normal, and displacement map if it is clean enough. Then I flip all four corners of it to the center and start to fade in the seams between the four middle corners so that It will become a Seamless Texture. If you want me to create a video showing how to do all of these things, just give me a like. :slight_smile:

5 Likes