Fading Glow Effect

How would I be able to acheive this effect https://gyazo.com/fc78e8d9e8b49506a648ae7dfc730718 where the gauntlets become neon and resize outwards whilst losing transparency? Keep in mind that this is an «equip move» so I know for a fact that the neon gauntlets are just a clone of the original made white and neon. Any help would be appreciated! :slight_smile:

What I currently have: https://twitter.com/coreallerblx/status/1209854658686128129?s=21

I don’t really like what I have right now as it is extremely basic-looking.

The gauntlet I am assuming is a MeshPart.
This means you can edit it’s transparency, color and size fairly easy.
To make it smooth with the change in size and transparency you would want to use TweenService.

I forgot to state that it was a model welded to the players arm. I have tried unioning it, but it’s too much for my laptop to handle and crashes sadly.

Nope it isn’t, you can clearly see in the video that there are multiple parts fading out. It’s not that.

Im pretty sure in the gif the person is using tweening. What I think is happening is that he giving the player a set of temporary gauntlets colored white with some transparency and tweening the size of the parts to expand and tweening their transparency till they “fade out”, then deleting the temporary gauntlets. If you want to learn more about tweening i suggest taking a look at this:

and watching a youtube guide if you need more explaination

I already know how to tween, I also said exactly what you said. The only thing I’m asking is how to tween MODELS and not singular parts.

Im pretty sure what they just did was duplicate the parts, maybe via TheGaunletModel:GetDescendants(), once duplicated, they tween each individual part via the same for loop and change color + transparency. Then once the tween completes, they delete it as it becomes unnecessary, unless you just keep an invis duplicate all the time of the same gauntlet then make it appear when it needs to via a different model inside it.

You could tween the primary part of the model.

I wouldn’t say it is multiple parts. It seems like it is two of the same meshParts tweening (just at different sizes).

Edit: I am dumbfounded by how stupid I am. It is still ‘multiple’ parts :rofl:. Oh well.

I actually had this problem before, let me provide you with a link (found below). It is very elaborate and adresses instances that are quite rare too. It is incentivized that you give it a read :slight_smile:

Other than TweenService, I wouldn’t be surprised if this was some sort of Pseudo-lerp. If you count down by i, you can achieve the same effect. For clarification, i would be your transparency value.

function PseudoLerp(start,goal,increment)
  for i = start, goal, increment do
    print(i) -- CFrame stuff
  end 
end

-- Example
PseudoLerp(1,0,-0.05)