Failed to load animation [How to fix]

Hey guys, I was working on my friends game to make an attack that has an animation which throws players. Even though my friend has the animation uploaded and he is the owner of the place, it works for no-one but him. I tried for searching answers on other devforum posts but they all had the same answer that the owner should own the animation. I do use “https://www.roblox.com/asset/?id=IDHERE” instead of “rbxassetid://IDHERE” but trying both of them gives the same error:

"14:51:50.008 - Animation "https://assetdelivery.roblox.com/v1/asset?id=4785102472&serverplaceid=0" failed to load in "ReplicatedStorage.FlingQAnim.AnimationId": Animation failed to load"

I very confused right now. Anyone has an explanation to this?

4 Likes

Is it working in the roblox game?

1 Like

Nope, we both tried it several times, even in the main roblox game but no luck

I am using that currently. I tried both of them

Can you show me the script you’re using and are there any other errors? When did you create the animation? Maybe it’s still going to be moderated.

local RS = game:GetService("ReplicatedStorage")

RS.FlingQ.OnServerEvent:Connect(function(plr, hum)
	local char = hum.Parent -- hum refers to the humanoid of the victim and char refers to the character of the victim
	char.HumanoidRootPart.CFrame = CFrame.new(char.HumanoidRootPart.Position, plr.Character.HumanoidRootPart.Position)
	local Loaded = hum:LoadAnimation(RS.FlingQAnim)
	Loaded:Play()
	Loaded.Stopped:Connect(function()
		char.HumanoidRootPart.Position = char.UpperTorso.Position
		print("Stopped") 
	end)
	hum.Health = hum.Health - 10
end)

This is a server script that plays an animation globally when it recieves the call of a remote event

Everything works just fine and there are no errors except for the animation not loading and again, it does work perfectly if the owner of the animation tries it.
@Nova_MrRoyal

I made the last one 3 hours ago.

Also I’m pretty sure that animations aren’t moderated, correct me if I’m wrong here.

So no one has an answer? I’ll assume it as a bug then?
Should I put this in #platform-feedback then?

It probably fails to load because of the roblox network :confused: I can’t find any mistake in your script. This error has also occurred more often with me recently.

1 Like

30 characters
Seems true indeed

There’s not enough information about the circumstances behind this. Please specify:

• Who owns the animation (game or user)
  • Who owns the place (game or user)
  • Whether team create is enabled or not

This seems completely intentional and you may be tripping the security implementation for animations. Animations must share an owner with the place in order to be used successfully. You may not have sufficient permissions to use the animation which is why it does not load for you.

1. The animation is owned by the user who has created the place

2. The place was created by a roblox user with the username “xAF”

3. Yes, team create is enabled.

A link to the animation : FlingQAnim - Roblox
A link to the game : Tvd - Roblox

[Try pressing Q on any NPC and u’ll notice that the animation which was intended to play dosen’t play]

As, mentioned above I am currently using “https://www.roblox.com/asset/?id=ID_HERE

Am pretty sure the animation ID format is rbxassetid://id where id would be the actual number. That is what studio formats it as in the properties widget.

1 Like

I mentioned in my post that I tried using both.
Also, this post mentions it clearly that “rbxassetid://” will not work
Right now, “https://www.roblox.com/asset/?id=ID_HERE” is the correct format.

You need to check dates more carefully. This is a bug report from 2014. This is no longer the case: rbxassetid formats work. The id format isn’t the problem and rbxassetid is standard content url anyway.

You are running into a usage security implementation right now, noting that you can’t use animations but the owner of the place can. The only strange part is that collaborators should also be able to use a creator’s animation on their own place, I don’t know if that specifically

4 Likes