Failed to load sound error code 46

Please tell me why this happening, this started 3 monts ago and i dont know what to do I just can listen short audios

2 Likes

Send me the audio Id please, I think I know what the problem is but I need to confirm that it is the case.
Also, I am reporting this to be moved to #help-and-feedback:scripting-support since it belongs there.

This error code is for every long audio in my studio and game

I am asking for the sound ID of these audios.

rbxassetid://1845554017 here it is

Yeah, there isn’t any copyright issue with it or anything. It might be a device or studio error local to you. Let me try to do a repro.

Ok so I have finished testing aannnddd no problems. Maybe this is your computer, or you might have an outdated version of studio.

Okay, anyways thanks for helping

For anyone stuck with this issue, what fixed it for me was making sure my audios were encoded properly.

For example, I was trying to play an .ogg file, and got this error. I later learned I encoded the sound using the Opus codec by mistake, instead of the Vorbis codec, as it should be with an .ogg file. Presumably, Roblox’s audio engine is a bit more picky than VLC / Foobar (both of which could play the audio just fine), and refuses audios encoded with a different codec than what its format implies.

5 Likes

From my understanding what happened was Roblox has removed all Interscope Records and Universal Music Group songs from its website. They have not deleted them but they have made them unable to load into games. This probably has something to do with copyright laws.

5 Likes