Fast flags are being used as cheats

Honestly I hope that if fast flags get disabled soon, they only keep the ones that can help to improve performance or make “.ini” settings for regular users. As a content creator I helped a lot of players having issues with FPS thanks to some FFlags, they are really helpful for boosting performance in their low end devices.

I helped almost 400k+ people in their performance thanks to them:

Related content

My 400k+ visits video with positive feedback talking about how good the fast flags were for them.

My updated video using bloxtrap as tool for importing “performance” fflags easier.

TLDR; Not all FFlags are bad, there are some that they should keep for public use since they help performance for low end pc players.

5 Likes

Which FFlags specifically do you use for better performance? It definitely is far more in line with Roblox that no configuration is necessary, or that whatever you need to configure is in a settings menu.

Edit: I gave your videos a look–the flags you are suggesting to be changed in your latter video are a bit problematic for your use case because they are, for the most part, flags for feature rollouts. The intent of these flags is for them to be removed when the feature is stable. So something like this wouldn’t really be viable for us to support.

2 Likes

Makes sense thanks for the reply, I wish in the future we could customize ‘deep graphic’ settings beyond what the regular menu does just like FFlags or maybe a menu drop down with ‘advanced settings’ for those that really need that performance. <3

5 Likes

“DFIntDebugFRMQualityLevelOverride” : 1 is probably the best FFlag that can help in performance and it personally helped me the most when I needed it. It basically forces everything to look like how it does in graphics quality 1 while making the graphics slider change the render distance. I would put the graphics slider at level 10 and barely get any lag while normally I would get something like 15fps.

For games that require a high render distance, you would be forced to use higher graphics quality levels but it would always increase the quality of other things and turn on graphic features not available on lower graphics quality levels causing lag. Of course this FFlag can’t just be enabled like that, and that’s why we need advanced graphics quality controls.

7 Likes

I wish in the future we could customize ‘deep graphic’ settings

So do I, I’m enjoying the existence of the flag that lets me force MSAA samples so regardless of quality level the game looks smooth, but if they’re gonna start blocking FFlag modification I hope they create some way we can control harmless things like this

5 Likes

Based on internal feedback and the feedback in this thread, we are working on a solution that will hopefully prevent the abuse of FFlags while still providing some flexibility to our users.

13 Likes

Will there be a way for players to use previous topbars? I don’t care if the pre-chrome topbar becomes broken and buggy, I am fine with using an un-maintained topbar, I just want to have a topbar that is fine to look at.

5 Likes

Is krampus detected? I need a honest reply. I went through v3rmillion just now and there are posts like “krampus is detected bla bla bla” but without any valid proof (like gogo1000’s proof that wave is detected). Could you tell me if krampus is actually detected with valid proof?
(i hope this reply is not interrupting your mewing streak)

2 Likes

I just realised there is a “Message” button in your profile picture and I didn’t see it and replied here LOL.

1 Like

is it hyperion or byfron im confused guys

1 Like

This is an old video and most of the fflags here have been patched. Due to the inoptimization of the Roblox client certain fflags are required for a playable experience in certain games, for example im running on an igpu and using bloxstrap to reach my refresh rate

2 Likes

Without naming them:
No textures, 21 bar graphics slider, force graphics quality with higher render distance (so the game is playable), uncap fps (to native), force antialiasing or msaa, change mtu, and other small stuff similar in nature

AND THE MOST IMPORTANT OF ALL, NATIVE FULLSCREEN. WHY ISNT THIS ON BY DEFAULT?

It would be a hope that you seperate all the options like in (ZfeatureHarmony i believe?) a test build whesre render distance was seperate from shadows and stuff, while being able to choose rendering modes and stuff

5 Likes

Not everyone can write a feature request, wnd you dont need tooling to enable fflags, tooling just makes it easier to manage (if you refer to bloxstrap)

1 Like

At least let us unlock our FPS, please.

3 Likes

Wouldn’t a better solution to this problem be just the ability for developers to make FFlags experience-wide? (The reason most developers are so annoyed with is bcuz after we’re done with a game it’s not our problem anymore that a Roblox update broke something, it’s not really our responsibility anymore)
This would offer huge amounts of customization, and be much more flexible. I have a 165hz screen but it’s not an option to lock the fps around that amount, the developers could just cap fps lower for aesthetic reasons etc. rather than be stuck with specific options. This would also allow developers to make new feature demos before they release and also it would be easy to not allow cheating using fflags whilst still allow testing. It’s like how vehicles in jailbreak used to be dependant on the fps of the client, badimo would have proper control over it and we’d finally be able to do plenty of stuff without Roblox’s intervention.

3 Likes

There was a company called Byfron which existed prior to their acquisition by Rōblox on 2022-10. That company has since been dissolved.

Their product is called Hyperion and had been deployed on Fortnut, etc. Hyperion exists, just released version 4.0.0, and is now Rōblox-exclusive.

2 Likes

Makes BLOXSTRAP useless after that…

1 Like

Let me try that in Bloxstrap right now…

1 Like

Could we get a list of allowed FFlags? I honestly love the DFIntCanHideGuiGroupId one since I love making screenshots and billboardGUIs and screenGUIs look bad at times or obscure them. There is definitely a use-case for content creators to have a sort of built-in cinematic mode

8 Likes

Hello 416Emile,

We are still in talks with the community and do not yet have a final list. Suggestions are always welcome.

3 Likes