Fed up with MouseEnter and MouseLeave not working? Here's a module for you!

Didn’t work for me. Could you be more specific in where to put each part of the script and module?

Make sure you require it first.

Then you gotta make the varible for the actuall events.

You would probably would want to use a local script and the the module script in replicated storage.

That should help.

Hi! I was wondering if anyone here has a solution to where it doesn’t keep detecting frames that aren’t visible on screen?

For example, the frame is still visible but the parent frames aren’t. Is there a way to detect or check if their parent frames are also visible?

1 Like

Any reason as to why this isnt working im so confused

local MouseOverModule = require(game.ReplicatedStorage.Packages.MouseOverModule)
local LeftIntHolder = game.StarterGui.MainUI.ScreenBorder.LeftInteractionHolder

local MouseEnter, MouseLeave = MouseOverModule.MouseEnterLeaveEvent(LeftIntHolder.MenuSideInteraction)

MouseEnter:Connect(function()
	LeftIntHolder.MenuSideInteraction:TweenSize(UDim2.new(0,75,0,75))
	print("mouse entered")
end)

MouseLeave:Connect(function()
	LeftIntHolder.MenuSideInteraction:TweenSize(UDim2.new(0,60,0,60))
	print("mouse left")
end)

it prints but does not tweensize

maybe because youre only changing the one in StarterGui (which is essentially the guis template when a player respawn) instead of the PlayerGui itself

1 Like
game:GetService("RunService").Heartbeat:Connect(function()
	--Check each UI object
	--All exit events fire before all enter events for ease of use, so check for mouse exit events here
	for _, Object in pairs(CurrentItems) do
		Object.MouseIsInFrame = IsInFrame(Object.UIObj)
		CheckMouseExited(Object)
	end

--Now check if the mouse entered any frames
	for _, Object in pairs(CurrentItems) do
		if Object.UIObj.Visible == true then
			if Object.UIObj.Parent.Visible == true then
				CheckMouseEntered(Object)
			end
		end
	end
end)

This works, but I just realized if there’s another parent thats not visible it still detects your mouse. My solution to that was to add another if parent visible :face_with_diagonal_mouth: