Feed Back on my Village Terrain[Low - Poly]

Hello guys, This is my first time building in Roblox and I would like some feedback on my Village Terrain. It’s not done yet, I still have to put the forest assets(also the village itself)on there but I wanted some opinions on the mountains. Should I keep them like this? Anything I should add or subtract?

For context it’s for an Rpg Instance based game I am making

3 Likes

It’s definitely interesting! I would highly recommend making some of the grass overhang from the cliffs. Not only because that’s how overgrown cliffs tend to look, It’s also really difficult to see from ground level looking up. Looking good though, keep it up!

I suggest on landscaping the mountains in a more authentic style that is not tight or low to the ground
preferences:
Also, you could add more and make the whole mountains in a less repetitive manner/order.

when you mean by repetitive do you mean the shape of them? or the way they are placed?

The way they are placed example:

1 Like

I believe that he means not so many of the lower little parts, and make them more whole, as one big model.

Your map looks great on the other hand! I would suggest adding a wheat farm in one of the corners. I am not sure if that is apart of the village, but it seems like it should be part of the map. Also like what @copuni said, I suggest adding grass on top of the mountains along with on the main land.

I would suggest also adding more nature like flowers around. Maybe a mini pond with lily pads would look great too! I would suggest a few trees around, but not that many since you are adding a forest. (Doesn’t have to be that since it’s an RPG instance based though.)

Hope this helps!

EDIT: looks like @penguin70363 explained it already. Hope it helps!

I would possibly make the grass higher up a bit lighter color than grass farther down. It feels like on one side the grass is really tall and then on the other side it is way lower.

Is the village going to go in the center of the terrain or did you have plants to have part of it in the mountains? I think it will look very nice once trees and flowers etc are added.

some homes are going to be in the mountains yes but most of the Village is going to be in the center

1 Like

Looks nice but I think there are a few improvements that could be made.

Suggestions

• Add different types of rock/ mountain. By this I mean different rocks that are different colours and possibly different shapes. I think this could add some more colour and detail to help improve the build.

• Like @penguin70363 has suggested, I think the mountains should be taller. Right now some of the lower parts look a little odd. It’s also looks weird in the fact 1 side is much taller than the other side.

• I think you should kind of blend the mountains a bit more. What I mean is not have really big drops like this:
    56%20pm
    Instead you should have a steady lowering of rocks to make it look more natural (imo) then have a steady then elevation when it rises in height again.

• Also it looks weird how some place have lots of detail and parts and other places are just a few big blocks. For Eg:
    08%20pm
    36%20pm
    some parts are highly detailed while others aren’t. What I would do is either go one or the other. I would go with less detail when it comes to this and low poly but that’s just what I think looks better.

That’s about it. It’s a great start and I wish you good luck on your future build! :+1:

I like it but it’s too square - like try giving it a unique shape that won’t make it easy to see what shape it is and to make this look better is with nice low poly landscape other than that it’s good!