[FEEDBACK] Advanced Anti-Exploit System Idea

Hello,
In the past couple of days I’ve wanted to do a side project that will help fellow developers, something new and original.
So I’ve been thinking about making an advanced anti exploit system, now let me explain what I have in mind:
Exploiter logs in a game and starts flying, speeding himself, etc.
After many check ups and confirmations that the user is exploiting the anti exploit will disable his movements by saving his last cframe and teleporting him back to his previous location every time he tries to move.
While all of that is going, the script notifies admins in game about a possible exploiter in the server.
Would you put such a script in your game?
(Of course it’s just a very basic idea of it, if I see developers like the idea, I will probably continue the project).

5 Likes

Pls do continue. I would love to use something like this.

1 Like

That’s possible, but wouldn’t it be best just to ban the exploiter?

1 Like

Thing is, many times, people that are victims of the exploits (such as people getting flinged around) will be banned because of a system mistake, so I would like having a human verification.

1 Like

But the exploiter could still hack in game. Maybe teleport them to a designated lobby for human verification?

1 Like

Possible solution aswell, main target is to prevent false bans.

1 Like

I like your idea, would be cool to add.

1 Like

Anything publicly provided to stop exploiters (ie your script) could be used by exploiers to find loopholes.

Other than that I would use this if it uses a webhook to tell my server.

1 Like

There is a must-read for all DevForum members in Exploiting Explained.

It all really depends on how motivated your attacker is - if you release your anti-exploit, it’ll broaden the chance a skilled exploiter will attack it and also releasing the source will make it easier to find countermeasures. (Though this definitely isn’t an argument for security via obscurity).

If you produce an anti-exploit, it’ll have either false positives, or it’ll be ineffective. If your anti-exploit has effects other than logging and monitoring, it’ll cause player annoyance (being teleported back if they do X action or Y action). It all ends up being a sum - is the user experience you produce by adding the countermeasure more annoying / widespread than if you let the exploiters do what they were doing? In many cases, the former is the truer.

Treat exploiters like mosquitos, not the diseases they cause. They can’t become a disease unless you open yourselves up to them past the baseline security Roblox supplies you. And a flamethrower tactic will probably kill the mosquito, but it might just kill you too.

2 Likes