Feedback and Ideas for my screenshot

I might use this screenshot on my game, and i want a feedback and ideas for this screenshot so i can make it better.

I hope you help me! :+1: Thanks

2 Likes

What is your game? What is your game’s style? Is it supposed to be mysterious, action-packed, a showcase? There aren’t any details provided, yet, so I’m not sure how one would critique your screenshot.

2 Likes

Well, it’s everything:
-Comedy
-Military
-Mysterious as you said
-Also Action-Packed

I wan’t to use this as an easter egg for a puzzle in a future. About the story of my game, and this moment is like at the end of everything, so we can say right now “Mysterious”?

If it’s mysterious then the image, in my opinion, looks great, but could use some fixing:

-Remove the rainbow effect around the rays of light, it looks odd
-The land looks a bit strange? I’m not sure how to put it
-Are those two robloxians? It’s sort of hard to tell, it would help to move them up a bit so I could see where the arms end. When I first saw the image I thought it was a castle

Looks great, though! I like the white circle acting as a blur, and the overall effect.

2 Likes

Ok, here is a new updated image that i made some minutes ago, since i closed studio, i made bigger the rainbow thing, if you still dont like it then i will remove it, the robloxian’s animations are still not made:

3 Likes

Looking better, but are you sure you want to keep the rainbow? I suggest removing it, but that’s just my opinion-

1 Like

Maybe i will remove it, should i make it more transparent or delete it? Because i want to keep it a bit.

1 Like

It looks good with the rainbow put on at the present, and I think it could work. Now, just move the robloxians up a little-

1 Like

Lessen the glare or make the Robloxians have a greater visibility, instead of the rainbow, just do a basic black vignette. Mainly just make the Characters more visible.

Make the sun glare less bright and make the camera closer. Don’t raise the characters.

@vijet1 and @SchwarzWalde Yeah i will try do that.

1 Like

If you have the avaliability, I’d suggesting moving the camera up a bit so you can see a bit more over the ledge of the terrain. You can keep the sun glare and the robloxian silhouettes the same, but it just allows you to maybe put in a few more hints and clues around the terrain beyond the basic terrain we can currently see.

By also doing this, you could advance your terrain building skills to further empower the rest of your game.

1 Like

The problem of moving the camera up is that i haven’t made the water fully, and it will look kinda strange, and if i add more, my pc will lag. Maybe i will edit the terrain,

There’s no terrain in my game, i just wanted to make a realistic image, the original game is 50% low poly.

I see the potential of the thumbnail here, and I’m sure I can offer a few tips that will enhance this:

• Pose adjustments

• Lighting adjustments

• Change skybox

• Increase graphics levels for the screenshot

• Rule of thirds

• Decorative elements like trees

• Adjusting field of view

Firstly, you should adjust the pose of the two silhouette figures. They are standing perfectly upright, arms at their sides like soldiers. Adjust their arm positions to add more personality to the figures in the sunlight.

The lighting within the game also should be adjusted to be more realistic as opposed to a more default-ish lighting. I’d recommend you check out NoirSplash’s forum post that gives specific settings for making your lighting more realistic. Check out the game Noir created to see the lighting it first-hand.

Consider changing the skybox from the default option to one that is more interesting and reflects the theme of the game and the particular lighting within the thumbnail (eg, pick a sunset skybox that has an orange sky)

Another improvement I would recommend is increasing your graphics levels to the maximum level. This allows for the visuals of your game to be more realistic— textures especially. Depending upon your device, if you increase graphics to the maximum level, the water will look fantastic and instantly improve the photo.

You should also be using the rule of thirds in your photo to add a more interesting effect to the picture as opposed to putting the focal point in the centre of the thumbnail.

Add more unique decorative elements to the thumbnail. For example, add trees, rocks, plants. You can even consider using what is called the ‘framing’ device in your thumbnail, and you can use tree branches to frame the scene to add a more interesting effect.

My last piece of advice, which I find is incredibly helpful, is adjusting your Field of View in Roblox Studio. If you don’t know how to do that, a quick google search about adjusting field of view in Roblox Studio can help. Roblox sets your Field of View at a default 70° value, and you can increase/decrease this. It will dramatize the screenshot, make everything feel grander, with more depth and realism, and it will stand out— especially if you adjust your field of view so that it focuses heavily on the figures as the focal point with the sunset behind.

Hopefully this helps you! :smile:

3 Likes

I’d recommend using a custom skybox, preferably an HD one. This will make this game come alive, and overall look a lot more professional and high quality. You could also add a few trees, and mountains in the background.

1 Like

How do i use the rule of thirds? I have never heard about it.

The rule of thirds involves mentally dividing up your image using 2 horizontal lines and 2 vertical lines… You then position the important elements in your scene along those lines, or at the points where they meet.

This is your photo with the horizontal and vertical lines:

You can apply the rule of thirds by taking a new screenshot or cropping the screenshot in a way that accords with the rule. This is a cropped version of your photo that applies the rule, and aligns the sun with the top-right intersection of horizontal and vertical lines:

Final product:

1 Like