[FEEDBACK] First Gfx

It looks decent for a first GFX, but I can clearly tell that for the background all you did was add an overlay of the render over it. Make sure whenever you add backgrounds with a render to make it look like it fits with the render, if not it will just not look right. Another thing is your shading, it definitely needs to be improved. Also I don’t see how the smoke effects fit with the theme of the player, right now it all just looks completely random and rushed.

1 Like

Umm…thanks. You kinda just hit me with everything i did wrong. What did i do right?

1 Like

That’s the point of giving feedback, I’m not being rude as it may seem. I’m telling you what you need to improve on.

1 Like

So what did I do correct then I like to get the pros and cons of my art. Thanks!

1 Like

Improve on everything he said, it’s simple you get feedback for things you did not as good. Try to improve on everything else. Everything he didn’t mention is good.

1 Like

Ok thanks for explaining that to me. :smile: :ok_hand:
-Chunky

1 Like

Your GFX looks decent for a first attempt. I am not a professional GFX artist, this is coming from a person with little to no experience in making GFXs. However, there are some mistakes I’d like to point out.

Firstly, the lighting doesn’t really look good. It makes it look like the character is made of solid colors. I would suggest trying to improve the lighting. Also, I don’t think the background really fits. I also think you should resize the aura underneath the character as someone above already mentioned. The flame effect doesn’t really look that realistic, it just looks like you got a transparent flame from google images and placed it above the character’s right hand.

Overall, it was a good attempt, especially for your first try, but it could really be improved on as it seems too rushed and unfinished.

Sorry if I am being overly critical.

Thanks! Its true i was kinda rushed and I forgot to add shading to the face. I’m gonna go and fix it up and yeah.-Chunky

For a first GFX, it looks great. The quality is a bit low. I mean it’s a bit blurry. Also what program did you use? If you used blender, which render engine did you use?

This is actually very good for a first GFX

I used procreate which is an iPad version of blender.
-Chunky

Thanks, @gizziboy!I really appreciate that.
-Chunky

Great job! It’s a good piece of art. However, the head looks like to be 2D, unlike the other body that is 3D.

True, I was kind of in a rush, so I didn’t have time to add depth into the head. Thanks for the feedback!
-Chunky

I think my previous post on thoughts about making a good GFX apply here. Over all good work, John.

I also forgot to say that a face is missing.

Yeah, I meant for it to be missing.Lol
-Chunky

I rate that a 6/10, good one for a first GFX. I would also pay 300-500 robux for that kind of GFX for my game. As always, keep up with the good work! :+1:

Thanks!
-Chunky :smile: (30 characters)

The smoke effect you have needs a different blending mode so it looks like actual smoke and not a paper cutout.