Feedback on Graphics - YouFoundRory

Hello there,

I have been making graphics since 2017 now and I’d really appreciate some feedback on what I could improve on. I’d really appreciate you leave a comment of what I could improve on in future.

Thank you for reading,
YouFoundRory.

Images

2 Likes

In Overall they all seems to be correct aside the color here are inconsistent/not readable
(it should be from afar as a title)

Unfortunately, your GFX are way too mainstream, absolutely nothing made your work apart from others,
The way you combine elements are just too similar to any advertisement that are running basically everyday

• Text Font (the same for any Player introduction)
  • Character Pose (standing, recycled arms pose)
  • Background (slight edit, too few to claim its a background you worked on, also incoherence with the shadow)

I’m a little harsh on you, but i’ll clearly want you to not be FULLY inspired by these good looking but simplistic GFX, they will limit your skills as they do not forcely innovate, you need to set up original or interesting designs on your own or take example on real life photography, it’s not just standing ill or waving hands.

1 Like

Hey there! Your renders are great!

Assuming you are using Blender, here are some tips I can give. I will be using #1 to #6 to refer to your provided renders. So without further ado:

1. I do hope you are using the current latest version of blender, aka Blender 2.79. If so, there is a special toggle under Render Layers called Denoising. This will remove the static-looking faults in your render. (*See Reference 1)

2. Warning: this is a bit nerdy. When creating render scenes, or really any art, you want to spread around color based on the mood of your scene, and have certain elements stand out. In #2, the focus is mostly drawn the head, and the hat, due to bolder, outstanding colors. I would advice using color pallete techniques, and really mapping out the areas of importance in your render to draw the viewer’s attention to the areas that matter most. For example, you might want to draw the viewers attention to the text in render #2, but keeping it “in the same flow with the render colors.” Therefore, you would use a purple or yellow color, to reflect the attention on the hat and face onto the text.

3. Your first render uses two styles, flat like in the background and shadow, as well as shaded, as shown in the textures. As you have removed the face texture, I will assume you are aiming at creating a flat, multicolored avatar picture. To make the render more appealing, you could make custom one-shade materials for each element in the picture. Take a look at References 2a and 2b. Makes a difference, right? In blender, you could even give different faces different colors. See the white band and stripes, and the main dark grey texture? By selecting these different faces in edit mode (Do yourself a favor and click “remove doubles” to link all faces together), you could assign each group a different one-shade material, as I have done for Reference 2a and 2b. Note: Roblox textures are very, very, very bad quality, I really advice working around them by keeping them far away from the camera, or using “real 3D models” as clothing to replace the textures. Having experience with making your own blender materials through nodes really helps a lot too, and could help you create a very unique texture without even touching UV mapping or drawing.

1. Be very careful with overdoing the exposure/brightness for your character. This makes different elements in your scene look bleached in comparison with others, and it really just doesn’t look good. Substitute one overpowered lamp with multiple, hitting the character/element from different angles to achieve a better lighting arrangement.

2. Be consistent! Through effects such as blur, brightness, detail, colors. Study the environment to maximise appeal.

References:

Reference 1:

ddd0935ecd79ea889246c86618d6658ff7ccdbd7

Reference 2a:

Reference 2b:

Sorry for the hardcore feedback, I really hope it helps you. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

They look amazing, although some of the poses do look a bit rigid. I’d recommend looking at a picture of the pose you’re going for as you’re doing it, if you don’t already

2 Likes

Thanks for the Constructive Feedback!

Thanks for the tips. I really appreciate your time typing that out.

1 Like