Feedback On Horror Game Trailer

Hi everyone! This is probably the best trailer I’ve made so far and I want feedback on it! Incase you’re interesting in playing the game, its in the description of the video.

Video

1 Like

Looks cool but whats with that goofy ahh music in the background?

2 Likes

I found it recently, and I thought I should use it. Me personally I think it sort of fits.

For me it’s the type of music i put on when i play horror games to not get scared.

I would probably change the music, kinda makes it feel wacky when the actual game appears to be serious, other than that theres nothing really wrong with the trailer.

1 Like

Yeah, now that I think of it, I should have used more serious music. Thanks for the feedback!

1 Like

How about some music like this?

We generated this horror track using Audioscape, our app for automatically generating copyright-clean music for Roblox games. Info on our post to Community Resources.

I have this track saved, and you are welcome to use it in your game. Or you can try making your own.

The beta is free for Roblox developers.

1 Like

The trailer isn’t bad, but here’s some constructive criticism:

• the song played in the trailer feels off to the actual gameplay, perhaps you could swap it out for something else?
  • the footage is fine, but for the first third of the video it seems more on gameplay than actually explaining what the game is or what its about. halfway into the trailer you did a better job at this
  • could you add a monster in the trailer? or maybe a jumpscare? sound effects even? or more horror elements in general? playing horror games is fun, but getting excited to play one is different. when people want to watch trailers, they want to get excited for a product.
  • besides showing off dark areas or hallways, could you take snapshots or small cuts ingame of different areas? most of the trailer takes place in a dark area, with not much to see.

also take inspiration from horror trailers online(or trailers in general) and see how
lastly here’s a resource from a creator I like to watch: video

1 Like

The cinematography is actually pretty good, I especially liked the shot through the vent at 0:15. I think you should have more of those cinematics (use different angles, maybe a snippet of a view of the player - or something following it!) and less gameplay footage, which should be used in a specific gameplay trailer and not a regular one.

While, as others have said, you should definitely change the music, I feel for this type of trailer that you don’t actually need the music to be playing throughout the entire video.
Sometimes the mere ambience and environment sound effects of a horror gameplay is perfect to set the mood for the game, a kind of ‘deafening silence’.

It’s not very clear to me what the game is actually about. If you’re trying to go for a mystery-esque feeling, rather than having a lack of story which leaves nothing to be imagined, have a small amount of story revealed which doesn’t spoil anything but creates curiosity.
Either way, it definitely needs to be more obvious about what the game story is, there is not much interest or excitement going on in the video.

Best of luck!! :+1:

1 Like

Sounds good, might use it, thanks!

I fully agree! I should have built up more excitement during the trailer. Thanks for the feedback! and I also agree with @cuberoot5 with the cinematic shots.

2 Likes

Cool. Let us know what you think of the audioscape music app – we’re looking for feedback.