My current multiplayer fighting game! [Devlog?]

Ello Devforum, I started to make a new multiplayer game by myself. The game is about fighting your friends or random people with Pillows. You vote for a map, play on the map, kill players with your Pillow and buy new Pillows you get from kills or assists. Any feedback is welcome.

If you wanna try it out here is the link: [💀🎊] Pillow Brawl - Roblox

Have fun, if you are even able to not be alone on a server so you can actually enjoy the game :<

2 Likes

Here are some things I think you should address:

• You can spam E on the NPC in the lobby to flood your screen with text boxes.
  • The maps I played on had really large areas that were completely dark, and even the parts that were lit felt dim. I think you should make the lighting more consistent so that the game doesn’t feel cavernous.
  • The round doesn’t seem to end when all the players in the round leave. I think you should either make the round automatically end when this happens or, if you’re looking for the feel of one of those endless battle games, let players in the lobby join the round.
  • With how big the maps are, I think it might help your game to add sprinting.
  • Why can’t I buy the amogus pillow?

3 Likes

The game has sprinting, you activate it by pressing W two times. Amogus Pillow is just ask a joke in the background. Ending the round when there is no players anymore in the round is a good idea. I will also make sure to try and do something about the lighting. Thanks for the feedback!

3 Likes

I’ve tried the game out with an alt account to be able to properly try out most out of what the game has to offer.
The UI and the animations are actually really nice! I do recommend making the swing animation of the pillows feel heavier, and use both hands to swing it. In my opinion!
I really liked seeing the menu and the shop, it’s really well made.

Now, the game feels nice, but there’s some bugs that need to be fixed quite badly.

• As mentioned by fungi3432, leaving the round while being the last person in the round taints the server and it becomes unplayable, pretty much.

• When you die you’ll be able to click on the menu until you respawn, while it’s not intended to do that, if you click to go on the menu, then your camera breaks and locks into a place, then moving around tilts the camera.
    I’m talking about this:

But you can rejoin, of course, then it’s fixed.

• Hitting a Rock Defense with a Pillow Rush makes the attacker move forward with no way to stopping it (as far as I know)

I happened to stumble upon some other bugs, but I am not sure if they can be replicated easily, hence I'm showing them under this summary

While I was writing this I ended up taking some footage of some more bugs, around this time my accounts also got reconnected to the server…

First of all, multiple pillows?

Then I took a video where stuff was just getting as odd as it gets.

I’m sorry for the quality of this entire post…

Now, I hope this helps knowing about the bugs, the game is really good and well made!
While writing this post I had my accounts reconnect servers, I’ll take a guess and say that maybe something got fixed.

4 Likes

Thanks for the feedback and making me aware of the bugs. Will see what I can do to fix them!

Oh and do you mind telling me how you were able to get multiple pillows? :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I edited most of this post since replicating the bug apparently had nothing to do with me being reconnected to the servers automatically…

Good luck fixing the other bugs though!
I’ll inform you once I get some footage regarding how the bug can be replicated, it may help understand how to fix it

2 Likes

I figured now how the bug works😅…

This bug is related to the AFK system in your game, players can still start new rounds with AFK being turned on, and I believe at that point the game quite breaks, multiple rounds start queuing up, maps could change mid round, the timer was broken, sometimes you got multiple pillows and other times you got teleported back to the lobby with a pillow, where you could kill players after the round ended, since the AFK players glitched so badly, the round ends differently for them.
(Quick note, this happens once an AFK player votes for a map and messes the round system)

More footage I was able to get

First of all, you can get a visual bug while AFK and when voting a map

Then I got a video poorly explaining how I managed to do it, I’m sorry for the quality, but I’m trying to keep the vids under 10mb to be able to post them

And lastly there’s another bug with one of the moves

I hope the footage is in any decent way visible.
To fix some of the bugs I recommend either turning off AFK for players who vote a map, or making AFK players unable to vote, I think this may fix some bugs since AFK players can mess up the system made for rounds, hence all the extra stuff coming with it.

1 Like

Thanks so much will try to fix those soon! The round leaving, camera bug and endless Pillow Rush should already be fixed by now. Thanks a lot for helping to find these bugs.

Edit: Everything should hopefully be fixed now. Thanks again!

1 Like

Update:

4/16/2024
Version 0.5.6

• Added the last ability for the Gojo Pillow called ‘Hollow Pillow’.
  • Changed the images of the maps.
  • Fixed current pillow ui.
  • Inflation hit different so everything costs more cash now ;(

4/18/2024
Version 0.5.8

• Added a codes ui. (First Code is ‘CODES_RELEASE’)
  • Remade Gojo Pillows Counter animation.
  • New SFX for the Gojo Pillow.

4/19/2024
Version 0.6.0

• Added a late join feature to let players that were AFK still join if the round started. (could still have bugs)
  • Added a new settings top ui.
  • Also added a new setting for low graphics.
  • Fixed a bug with the map voting kinda breaking after the first round.
  • When you are afk there is an ‘AFK’ tag above your head.

4/23/2024
Version 0.7.0

• Added a new Pillow called ‘Vampire Pillow’ currently it costs 80 cash and has only 2 abilities.
  • Also introducing a new status effect called bleeding. You get 1 damage every second as long as you have this status effect.
  • Added a new Map called ‘Blocky Island’ which is a very big map in comparison to the other ones.
  • Again kind of reworked how tools unequipping functions.
  • The game now waits until the choosen map is fully loaded.
  • Finally 100% fixed the cooldown ui bugging after dying.

Bigger update:

4/24/2024
Version 0.7.1

• Remade the settings ui.
  • Other small ui changes.

4/26/2024
Version 0.8.0

• Added the last ability to the Vampire Pillow called ‘Big Bite’.
  • Added a kills effect section in the store. (Currently only with just one Kill Effect)
  • Added a Global leaderboard to the lobby.
  • Because of that I also added a total kills amount.
  • Made the Bat Swarm ability follow you.
  • Changed the daily rewards ui.
  • Increased the price of everything expect the Gojo Pillow slightly.

This is pretty cool and funny at the same time. Hard to hit that combo, good work.

1 Like

3 smaller updates:

4/27/2024

Version 0.8.1

• Added a little checkmark to the shop item you have currently equipped.
  • Added some new sounds.
  • Changed some ui and added some new ui.
  • Rebalanced all Pillows slightly.
4/28/2024

Version 0.8.2

• Added a new ‘Fazbear Pillow’ which has only one move called ‘Fazbear leap’.
  • Added a new kill effect called ‘Freeze’.
  • Fixed the leaderboard.
4/28/2024

Version 0.8.3 (bug fixes, other changes)

• Fixed leaderboard only updating when a new server was created. (hopefully)
  • Fixed the close button for the codes not working. (hopefully)
  • Fixed ‘Sleep Powder’ stunning forever.
  • Fixed ‘Star Crash’ being diffrent for every client.
  • Fixed the current pillow ui being the same for everyone. (hopefully)
  • Fixed round timer glitching after someone dies.
  • Kill cash sound now should not be able to be heard by everyone.
  • Same with an error sound.
  • Made the Bed on the Bed map a little bigger
Note:

Thanks to everyone who playes the game and I’m really looking forward to the 1.0.0 release some day.