Feedback on my game icon for monetisation

I have a completed a game ready to be released into the platform. Right now I’m trying to figure out things such as how I should spend my robux to sponsor or advertise (I’ve read a bunch of threads and posts). Sponsoring seems more favourable for me at the moment and I’ve created a game icon below:

Project Stands

If you saw this would you press on it?

• Yes
  • Maybe
  • No

0 voters

Also, what could I do to improve it if you said no?

6 Likes

I really love the font, good work.

3 Likes

I don’t know what is it really about or the theme doesn’t generally attract me.

1 Like

It looks pretty good, but there’s an open space at the top that serves no purpose.

1 Like

I see, allow me to provide you some information then:

https://gyazo.com/c25cd7fe9235dae912e7cff939e108d1

https://gyazo.com/8e9658082aa4627b1d60de46f7869750
https://gyazo.com/dc9e5b019ccef20b14f0b8a8f503c8ad

Now I know that the players won’t see these until they play the game

EDIT: To anyone who sees this don’t let this affect the change of your vote during your first impression on the icon.

1 Like

I said yes but I see one thing that could be improved. The renders look great but the background and text could use work. A good background would be something like this:

You can even use that if you want.
Then for the text I like the pink and the bottom font, but the outline will need to be fixed. You can check out my profile if you want inspiration, I make logos, but what I would suggest is the following:

• Add a drop shadow around the text to better separate it from the background
  • Maybe brighten the black to a dark gray or leave it as all white then add a smaller black outline
  • Using bold fonts like the second for the word project

That is all I have to say! I hoped I helped! Also what is the font for “Stands”? It really fits well with the game and I would love to use it!

Side note: Game looks cool lol :hidere:

1 Like

That is a beautiful logo, I’m impressed with the color scheme!

1 Like

Personally I love the concept of this logo. It reminds me of a poster from a musical long ago. That being said, I do have one issue with it, involving the dark colors of the characters. I understand that the character in the middle has to be brown, however it almost gets lost because the shadows of the other two conflict against it for me. Specifically the brown pants of the character on the left distort the boundaries of the center character, and the character right’s black object(not sure what to call it) messes with the overall focus.

My solution would ultimately be to brighten the color white in the shadowed areas. It’ll provide more contrast as a whole and make the center character stand out more. Eyes naturally want to go to the brightest color, and you’ve nailed the focus with the title, but with the current character lighting it’s losing, at least in my case, the focus the farther up I look.

Hope this was helpful. I do love the overall design! Keep it up!

2 Likes

Feedback

• I don’t quite like the black and white gradient

• The characters may need more shading in some areas

• The ‘Project’ font is too basic, it should be changed to something that pops out more

• It’s hard to tell what is really going on in this thumbnail, and where the characters are. This may be due to not enough shading as I said before

Positives

• The background pops out, the colours are great

• The characters’ positioning is quite realistic

• The ‘Stands’ font is a superb choice

Great job on this thumbnail, if you can focus on what you need to improve, it will be awesome.

1 Like

I said maybe. You should make replace the black highlight around the text with white.
Good work, though!

I’d just get rid of all the shadows, they ruin the icon honestly.