Feedback on my game: The Obby Lobby

Hey everyone! First post here on the DevForums, this is kind of exciting! Anyways, I’m working on my first big ROBLOX game, and I’d like some feedback on my progress so far. My first game is an obby(I know, everyone’s first game was an obby). However, I wanted to make something more than just a basic obby. So, I made the Obby Lobby. This game is designed to be a collection of dozens of obbys, all in one game! It’s still a Work in Progress, but please give me feedback, advice, and constructive criticism! This is my first ROBLOX game, so keep that in mind. :slight_smile:
Game link: The Obby Lobby - Roblox

1 Like

It’s pretty good!

Few things:

1. Are your hitboxes static or dynamic? I think they’re dynamic, which makes the game hard for blocky characters like me I think…
  2. Make the spawns closer to the rooms… if I hadn’t talked to the NPC I would have been lost for a bit. Which brings us to…
  3. Not your fault, but Roblox bubble chat has a known error. I’d replace the Dialog Bubbles with a custom BillboardGui.
  4. Putting conveyer-belt parts combined with a very thin walkway between kill parts on an obby marked ‘easy’ Cylinder Obby is like calling teaching a 7-year-old how to drive ‘easy’. I’d reserve those for medium and above.
  5. One or more of your songs was copyright claimed, takes away from the atmosphere of the game IMO. Maybe add a ‘skip’ button and put the music client-side (or just regularly check for copyright songs).
  6. I just tried playing “Desert Obby” which doesn’t exist. When I fell through and died, it respawned me on the Square Obby which I had just beat! You might want to make it so the “end” block changes the spawn location.

It sounds like a lot, but it really still is a fun game!

1 Like

Thank you for the feedback!

1. Where would I find the hitbox settings?
  2. Yes, I’m slowly realizing the the lobby isn’t very great, and I have plans to totally re-do it.
  3. I’ll work on that.
  4. I checked out the Cylinder Obby, and I’m not sure what you mean. Could you send a screenshot of the jump you’re talking about?
  5. Which song is copyright claimed? I got all my songs from the youtube channel NCS(NoCopyrightsounds)
  6. Yes, Desert Obby is entirely my fault, it’s still in progress and I shouldn’t have set up a working teleporter lol.
    Thanks again for the feedback!
1 Like
  1. In game settings → Avatar I think
  2. :slightly_smiling_face:
  3. :slightly_smiling_face:
  4. I don’t know which songs (cause they are already copyrighted) but NCS isn’t copyright-free: Questions about music copyright - #7 by colbert2677 (colbert2677’s post that starts: "Obligatory IANAL. Obligatory I am…)
  5. Okay.
1 Like