Feedback on recent outfit clothing designs

Hello! I’m Inviduals, and just recently got accepted into the DevForums. I have been designing for almost a year now and I’d say I’ve improved a lot! I recently found a new way of designing my outfits with realistic shading.

I’m not sure if I’m over doing my outfit too much though!

example work

This is a recent design I’ve put together in less than a day ( I finished this design in less than a day because I was preparing this before hand. hehe ). It’s a men’s wear outfit.

Please tell me what you guys all think of my recent design. It is appreciated! Please use constructive criticism though! :smiley_cat:

2 Likes

The shading is too harsh. In shading, you shouldn’t be able to see the black. I advise changing the layer to overlay or soft light and smudging/ blurring the lines, then lower the opacity. You also shouldn’t use black to shade, but there is an exception. You should highlight the shading with white or a lighter colour of the base. Same with shading; use a darker colour of the base.

However, I like how you have made the shirt and shoes; they seem to have an extent of detail.

This is a good attempt at realistic shading but there are areas for improvement. Next time you should compare your old design to your latest.

Tips: Clothing Design - TIPS
@Blizzei’s walkthrough: How to improve your clothing outfits!

If you want more help with shading or something else, I am happy to help! Just PM or contact me.

4 Likes

Thank you for the response! I’ll take note and improve on my future designs! I appreciate it! (❁´◡`❁)

3 Likes