Feedback on this Circle Magic thingy?

So I’m making a medieval RPG game where you have to explore and discover countless magical abilities and learn how to use them. Circle magic will be a big part of it. The clip was a bit laggy so I apologize for that. But how does it look so far?

(Credit to Wikipedia for the epic circle image. B) )

5 Likes

not bad i dont have much to say exept you should probably not call it “magic circle thingy”.

1 Like

It looks pretty cool, but I suggest changing the color to green, yellow doesn’t really make me think of “healing”.

In the game there are different categories for magic. You have a great idea, but healing falls into the ‘Holy’ category and holy is usually yellow. But it would probably look very spiffy if it was green!

2 Likes

I don’t focus a lot on magic, the most I know about it is from Doctor Strange, but thank you for the information.

O. Not magic in general. It just falls into the ‘holy’ category in this game. Should probably have specified that.

1 Like

Is it just me or is that magic circle from Sakura The Cardcaptor?

Also good job it looks like the real thing. :+1:

Oo! Ty. And I’ve never seen Sakura the Cardcaptor. What’s it about? :>

Here’s what it about (Wikipedia)

1 Like

You made it just prefect from the anime.

1 Like

Lol! I just that from wikipedia. I just looked up magic circles and it came up. :rofl:

1 Like

Yo I’ve got an idea for you! Research the cage mesh feature to create a twisting vortex animation when you spawn the holy healing circle or whatever that is lol.
Really cool and great job.
Also consider creating a neon part with a spotlight and tweening their transparency & brightness to create a flash

1 Like

Yeah but isn’t the cage mesh feature still in beta?

it is in beta but afaik it still shows up in-game, you just need to enable the feature

EDIT: Cage Mesh Deformer - Simple Scene - Roblox

Ooooo! Tysm! I might do that. Thanks for the feedback! :smiley:

1 Like

I think changing the blast shape would be good and adding more effects

I love this a lot; however, I would maybe select a different material to use for cylinder part of it so it would look more realistic. Other than that, great work! :tada:

1 Like

You could put some work into the cylinder, it looks rlly plain. Not sure what you could do with it, but I’m just saying!

1 Like

Yeah, I agree. The cylinder’s pretty ugly.