Feedback on tulips render

10 Likes

Fantastic! Did you create the tulips? They’ve got amazing detail.

2 Likes

That is realistic. keep it up!

2 Likes

Wow, This looks so realistic! They are amazing!

2 Likes

Yep, I did it was actually pretty simple to do.

1 Like

I can tell that you got them from a 3d model website. It looks way too realistic to be simple to do.

Look at his portfolio before you assume that, he says he has years of modeling experience.

I agree, but I have 4 years of modeling experience and doing stuff like this will not be “easy” to any 3d artist. It takes effort to plan something this detailed no matter what your skill level is.

Not exactly true. All people have their strengths and weaknesses, and some are naturally gifted at a certain thing.

1 Like

It’s actually very easy, it’s from a pbr texture. Modeling something that detailed by hand just isn’t possible. It’s actually from a photograph and added nodes in order to create fake bump/displacements. If you actually had 4 years of modeling experience, you should probably know how to texture something. Photo scanning also exists, all you do is take a lot of photos and click a button. (wasn’t photoscanned but the texture was from a photo) You also said you had 4 years of experience, it’s not much different from 3 years. Some people learn faster and more efficiently

2 Likes

Not really, I really wouldn’t use something that is the main part of a render from a 3d modeling website. Although the hdri is from HDRIHaven

1 Like

Sorry I misunderstood. You really are quite talented!

I do know how to texture something and but I am not an expert in that field. I have actually been doing 3D modeling since 2016 and I am not sure what made you think otherwise, since I have not said anything that would make you think that I do not know how to texture.

Oh okay, same as me I mainly model but I can still somewhat make textures.

Also one improvement you can make is make a real background because right now the hdri looks strange.

1 Like

I would but it would be very time consuming and the end result would look most likely unrealistic. I do agree it looking strange since the flowers look very tall (which at first I did fix but I wanted to have some sky in the background and not have the camera pointed up)

Actually making it without the HDRi would look more realistic since it looks like the tulip is lifting off the ground.

Not exactly, first of all I need to find grass textures which usually don’t look very photorealistic unless you add displacements which cost a lot of render times and I would probably spent 90% of my time just on the scenery which isn’t even in focus. Modeling all the foliage would also take time (even if I bought them from 3d modeling website) and I’m also not very experienced at making sceneries

I know it will take more time and it will not be more realistic from a technical standpoint, but it will look generally more pleasing to the eye since right now it looks really unrealistic and odd. It will look more realistic in terms of textures. Also, render time is not too much, max it will take is 2 hours if you render at 8k.

1 Like