[Feedback] What could I improve on?

I’m currently thinking of opening a Portfolio as a Logo Designer and Artist.
All my logos that I create a hand-drawn and original, but I’m wondering if it’s eye catching. How much would you pay for this? Would you pay for this at all?
Please give harsh and honest feedback, thank you very much!

1 Like

I think it’s a really cute work, but some part of the background is too dark, which will clash with the text. I also suggest you learn to use vectors instead of hand drawing cause it will be easier to edit, and produce much cleaner and sharper shapes. I personally think you’re not ready to do paid work yet, but I know there are many out there who will appreciate this and willing to pay you:) GLHF!

Thanks a lot! Could you recommend any good apps/software for this type of work?

I use Adobe Illustrator for this:)

I love the creativity and layout! Here are some things to focus on and work on.

1. (if you don’t already) Look into getting Photoshop, Illustrator, and Adobe Fonts - It’ll be vile
to start using Adobe Illustrator to make your logo designs. Also, you can use photoshop for some of your designs mainly for mockups, etc. But Adobe Fonts is, in my opinion, the best source for high-quality professional fonts.

2. Detail & Quality - I love the concept and design you’ve created. But there’s a lot of happening in such a tight space. I think if you spread it out a little bit, it’ll look a lot more cleaner and easier to understand. Also, the line running on top of Night doesn’t appear like all of the other ones.

There’s a Devforum article I EXTREMELY recommend for you to look at, it goes into great detail and super useful advice and tricks for logo design > Basics of Game Logo Design Process and Base Structuring Tutorial [Jan9 Update]

If you have any questions feel free to message me or reply I’ll be around to help you any way I can! You have amazing talent can’t wait to see more of your work!

2 Likes

Thank you so much for your help! I have to sadly admit, this was made on iBisPaintX, since I usually draw people but happen to really enjoy Logo Design. Again, thank you, I’ll have a look!

1 Like

Paint Net is a free alternative too Photoshop and Illustrator. Yes it may be less packed with things you may use. But it is manageable if you can’t use Photoshop or Illustrator. Non the less great work. I hope some of that was helpful for you! :^)