What do you think of this pet face?

Hi there!

I’ve been trying to texture a UV unwrapped cat head in photoshop.

This is the head that I modelled.

These are some of the designs that I drew for the cat head in photoshop:

These are some of the other variations of the last one:

I’m trying to go for a cute aesthetic that’s appealing to both kids and teenagers. There’ll be different colours, different animals, etc, but I’m having a really hard time deciding on a concept for the face. I’m just not fully happy with any of the ones I’ve drawn yet.

Does anyone have any feedback for my current designs to improve them or suggestions for new concepts? Preferably ones that can be easily translated to 3d design. I’d also like to see some feedback from the younger devforum members to see how appealing it is to you!

Thank you!

10 Likes

Wow, these are really amazing! Maybe make the faces of the cats (If you haven’t already) different so it’s all not the same other then just the slight changes of detail which are the cheeks and the white part. Other then that, it’s really amazing. I wish I could do these like you to be honest. I’m also just noticing the first photo, haha. Yeah, the faces kinda look a bit weird and could be changed a bit. From like the anime eyes to the derpy eyes or whatever could be changed maybe.

1 Like

Nice job, I overall love this creation, however I am not a big fan of the two middle cat heads (in picture 2) I feel that in the one on the left middle the eye spacing seems very different from all of the other cat face, then the one on the right middle I can see how you tried to make it look cute but it seems to just have too big of eyes making it a little creepy.

1 Like

I think these are awesome however, the only suggestion I would make is maybe adding more to the actual faces themselves in order to vary them.
Other than that these do look adorable and cool!