Filter String within studio (plugin development) (TOS issue?)

Also what’s wrong with not using numbers only?

3 Likes

Its a choice on the menu. You pick your randomness and how long you want it to be. Sometimes Numbers isn’t enough in my case as I have to generate more then the filtered amount (assuming a filter exists)

But also this creates issues with Base words, and thats important to me atleast bc if developers use it properly Can allow users to organize. But I would assume that I would have to filter that too?

2 Likes

You can like generate how many numbers u wanna generate.

Cuz words cannot be filtered in studio, afaik

3 Likes

Edit in the above post as I was typing:

2 Likes

Also not to mention that this isn’t the only tool that I will need to make with a filter, as I will need to filter results with other tools as well that use any sort of User input or randomness that can be made public viewing

2 Likes

In this topic I sent you, someone also said that you don’t need to filter text.

I don’t know if that’s true though.

2 Likes

Someone else in that post also posted this image too as well which can be taken both ways, but I’m leaning that I have to somehow

2 Likes

Idk why Roblox doesn’t let us filter text in Studio

2 Likes

Me either. I guess I can submit this as a feature request? Or a ‘Bug report’ as you can’t comply with roblox terms?

2 Likes

I think you have to send an email to Roblox about this.

Or in DevForum.

2 Likes

Like a ‘trust and safety’ report?

2 Likes

idk

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

2 Likes

I made a post in this area

If a roblox administrative or another user is seeing the post and has another area or recommend a different place for this request lmk. I can’t post in #feature-requests:studio-features / #bug-reports:studio-bugs (“if you count is as a bug because It can’t allow roblox terms”)

2 Likes

Shouldn’t you use the “How to” category?

This is for reporting users.

1 Like

Theres no great place for this post. As the “How to” is just general info.

I am just hoping that they can refer this to someone how works in that field and/or give me a place. Because I can’t use the other dev forum areas.

In my Brain, Moderation existed which is the real category for reporting users

User safety concerns seems like a category of ‘concerns of possible safety that could happen in the future’

1 Like

oh ok

i hate character limits

1 Like

I’m so confused… Isn’t this… a safety request ( to allow Filtering chat in studio for safety reasons) ? And what do I do next

1 Like

Text not filtering in studio shouldn’t be considered a bug since that’s been the case for years now (and Roblox explicits states “in experience” when referring to filtering). You’re not displaying the text to other users so filtering shouldn’t be a problem.

1 Like

Well I am and that’s the issue. Every developer, and other developers if the user is within a team creation session. Since this is a public plug-in

1 Like