First GUI, looking for feedback and tips

This is my first ever GUI. I’m interested in learning more about UI’s but there aren’t as many resources for learning UI’s as there is for scripting and building.

Any feedback? Things I should improve? Generally good ways to learn? Any good tips and tricks? Just let me know.

1 Like

It’s pretty inviting and gets the job done, nice work.

1 Like

Looks good.

Last time I uploaded the twitter logo for my button, I receives a two day ban it came under “inappropriate” but I didn’t receive any explanation as to why it was “inappropriate” lol. Roblox moderation is so messed up. You are very lucky my guy.

1 Like

Yeah, thats normal. Roblox doesn’t allow off-site icons like Twitter, TikTok, etc.

The only thing I’d improve of this would be to reduce the make a bit more padding in between the “Follow @Username etc” and the container, and reduce the font size a bit for the “Follow @Username etc”

Like this?

1 Like

It looks good, clean, and simple. It gets its job done. It looks very good!

Also, make sure to remove the Twitter logo, I don’t think Roblox allows social media logos in games at all.

2 Likes

I’ll replace it with a gift box icon or something like that.

1 Like

Fixes
So first I would start working on positioning and sizing. A simple code ui shouldn’t take up so much space on the screen it makes it feel like it has more importance than it really does. The original button placement that opens the gui should be fairly smaller and placed near the bottom or top. After that the original ui is too bulky theres no complexity to it, no dropshadows. Compared to professional ui it doesn’t even come close to looking good. Simplicity is good, but not when its bulky, you’d practically get more value from a single black faded line at the top opening for codes. Next the Colors, you have pretty well balanced colors then a horrid neon green backround with white text. You know how hard that is for players to see? Like it strains the eyes. Aside from that all the text is the same theres no variety or nothing is bold/italic. Theres no importance of text meaning players don’t know where to look. Theres nothing that pops up. Typically most ui will have a few variations of text, the titles will usually get something different from the rest of the text.

Tips
If you really wanna improve my suggestion is to start recreating ui from other games, go to google and just type in like game menu ui or something along those lines. I would also suggest moving away from only creating ui in roblox, if you can’t afford photoshop then theres a free version of it called photopea. You can run it in browser nothing to download. Also when you make ui create a frame in a gui size it to max size of the screen then make it transparent. You can have an easier time with positioning that way. I would also suggest using offset, if you don’t know about sizing/positioning heres a post that explains it pretty well. UI Scaling & Positioning Workarounds 101 - Resources / Community Tutorials - DevForum | Roblox
Something that can also help is branching out to different types of ui, not just ones you like. Putting yourself in uncomfortable spots when developing is what will help you progress faster. You might wanna try particles also just as guide to getting experience with working in photopea. Particles are just still images imported into roblox thrown into a particle emitter. Not too hard to get good with those.

Closing Thoughts
For a first gui ever it’s nice progress, but no where near real quality. The road to ui is a long and tiresome one, but if you keep at it your progress will pay off. Otherwise goodluck.

1 Like

I suggest you try making things GUIs outside of Roblox, like with Photoshop, but if you really wanna go professional I suggest you use Procreate