Fish and Oil [Devlog]

Hello! And welcome to my dedicated devlog threat for my game Fish and Oil.

If you have any questions about the game, please ask. I will reply to this post with new changes and what not.

1 Like

When the game was first created, only one main type of fish existed, and it had very minimal detail, so upon request from one of my testers, we will be getting new fishys.
I’ve also been having some progress on a hauling truck specifically meant for oil, with another variant for mass fishing to follow.
As well as a new rifle.

1 Like

Had to remove fish fling out of the water due to some fish for some reason refusing to tween. They will now just teleport above your character.

Also, new thumbnail.

2 Likes

A few updates on my roadmap, major updates in fact.

I’m planning to remove stores, all together entirely. This is because with the open world plan that I have, it will be performance and organization intensive to create stores for each continent/island for each team, and just a lot of resources wasted in the place of what could have been more useful updates, rather than optimization.

If you’ve been playing the game or looking out for updates, you may have noticed that I haven’t been active developing. I’ve resumed development and am currently working on making the truck work, this delay was mainly me taking a break after a large burst of working on F&O.

Another major change; Guns.
The gun system for F&O is extremely primitive and limiting, stats are incredibly simple even if the main focus of this game wasn’t entirely on guns. Each gun has barely anything unique about it. I’ve decided to ditch the system entirely, also followed by the current store removal. Recently, before the revival of this project, I had worked for my military group, and I’m still working on another one of my friend’s groups, I had been working on a gun system I call “Proficiency”. The gun system is incredibly well bug fixed and thought through, using a more FPS-style system, but also somewhat realistic. F&O will be seeing this system incorporated, so I can have more creative ability of development and uniqueness of each gun, however this does mean guns will take longer to add, due to process of animation and other hindrances.
Whew, that was a huge talk.

Time to address the removal of shop systems and economy updates. I don’t wish to recreate that bible’s worth of text I did above so I’ll keep it short and sweet with bullet points, more depth and details can be addressed if you really need it.

• The economy will be entirely player driven, and possibly in the future have AI companies and threats who you can both fight.
  • The economy will also have a reputation system for these possible AI companies, if you kill or harm their members, violate their claims, or challenge their sovereignty, they won’t sell you items.
  • The economy will be run by “Consoles” inside people’s bases, here is a basic run down of how you would go about selling, say, trucks. You would first start by building a truck fabricator, and also research or buy production licenses from other companies (basically just buying research). Then, you would set your fabricator to produce these trucks, after this, you go build a console and put the trucks on the market, similar to EFT (Escape From Tarkov)'s Flea market, the things you put on the market will stay there, even when you leave the game, and overnight or in game people will buy your products until stock runs out, which then you need to fabricate more trucks. (I’m sorry for the reading and stuff)
  • Fabricators come in different sizes for different purposes. (ex; rifle fabricators, truck fabricators, etc.)
  • Fabricators will require money to fabricate items, they will generally cost less than on the market, however they will take time to create.
  • If you’re wondering how you would sell things from fabricators, you would have to take the items and put them in designated “Sell zones” (not sure on how to implemnt sell zones, either going to be mouse dragged, or a static building object, tell me which one you would like)

That’s about it for roadmap updates.
Thanks for listening to my psychotic rant.
:happy3:

1 Like

new armors

modelled by me in blender

1 Like
1 Like