Fixing HttpService: Make PUT, PATCH, DELETE requests, access response headers, proxy to any site, and more

So how would I use your module? Sorry if it’s a basic question, I’m not that experienced with working with HTTP requests.

Edit: Nevermind, I figured it out (I overlooked the “PROXYKEY” header). Thank you so much for creating this!

Little confused now still as well as this is going on.

How can you use the ProxyService Module with the roProxy lite?

@okfalse

You can’t. ProxyService was made at a time before the RequestAsync function existed, there’s no need for the features it implements besides the core proxy functionality (which is what RoProxy provides.)

1 Like

Heya, seems like this is blocked by salesforce now too. Anything else I could do to get around this?

Are you considering adding support for TCP WebSockets?

Fork the repository and deploy it from there :ok_hand:

Heya, unfortunately it seems they’ve fixed that work-around. Anything else I could try?

Also, might be unrelated but I believe you were suggesting possible use with RoProxy.com. Unfortunately, I get an HTTP 401 (Unauthorized) error when trying to use RoProxy. To say I’m extremely inexperienced with the use of HttpService, let alone anything else, would be an understatement, so I apologize if these are dumb questions.

Thanks for the help, nonetheless! Hopefully I can make this work, as ProxyService seems to be the easiest way to go with my current build.

Heya, unfortunately it seems they’ve fixed that work-around. Anything else I could try?

Seems to work for me. Try deploying it from your repo from the “Deploy” tab instead of with the deploy button.

Also, might be unrelated but I believe you were suggesting possible use with RoProxy.com. Unfortunately, I get an HTTP 401 (Unauthorized) error when trying to use RoProxy.

Message me the endpoint you’re using and I’ll look into it.

There is a HTTP service function that can do this also HttpService:RequestAsync

Pretty sure this was made before RequestAsync was made

where would you modify the url??

edit: nvm found a deploy btn on ur read me

edit 2: seems to have the same issue:

You can fork the repo to yours with different name, mine also like that and I fork it to my repo, and it works.

Unfortunately, when I click on “deploy app” after creating my own app name and choosing a region, it says that the source code violates a policy.

I even followed your tutorial to see if I may be missing anything and there doesn’t seem to be anything that I’ve missed. @Froast

1 Like

Since the new introduction of HttpService:RequestAsync(), where you can include your own type of request (get, put etc.), it’s only useful if you want to access the roblox API, unless you want that, in which case you need to choose another service other than heroku

For people like me who followed this post, beware that Heroku is going to shut down their free plans on November 28th as stated in their
blog. The lowest paid plan will be 7$ per month.

6 Likes

how to setup in my own server it returns 503.

The app will no longer support free plans at the end of 11/2022

1 Like

Maybe include that you have to add a credit card to even use anything. If you’re looking for a free proxy you’re on the wrong page.

I use another service called cyclic (https://app.cyclic.sh/) that lets you use github to set up proxies !

ALTHOUGH be careful to NOT USE FREE WEBSITE HOSTERS for sensitive information. I only use it to interact with roblox apis (retrieving the list of gamepasses from my game, badges, …).

When you want to do something like moderation logs (to discord using webhooks), make sure the information isn’t that sensitive OR to use a paid plan on more official websites if I could say.

The website I provided has a totally free plan that lets me use it 24/7. A limit is established of course but I never reach it.

2 Likes