Form Embedder: An impossibly simple way to add a Google Form to your experience

This is due to the DisableTouchInputs setting - in my place i have it enabled, because i want touch inputs disabled while someone is in the form so all the buttons are reliably pressable. You can disable this setting in the Config - just make sure that users are able to reliably able to submit or cancel! This may involve tweaking the size of the form on mobile.

Would there be a cooldown to how many times the player can submit forums?

Hi there!

I think this is a great feature. But 2 things.

Is this safe?

Does this abide by Roblox TOS?

If it didn’t, it wouldn’t be released by a Roblox employee. So, yes it should abide by Roblox Terms of Service.

3 Likes

Wait it was released by Roblox employee? Can I have proof pls. If so, I’ll use it in game.

Roblox employees often have administrator badge on Roblox, and on DevForum they have a white Roblox logo avatar flair on black background, as well as a “Roblox Staff” label next to their username.

2 Likes

Hi! I do in fact work for Roblox, but I am releasing this module in my capacity as a developer, just like you. Treat it with the same kind of scrutiny as you would other modules :face_with_monocle:

16 Likes

Hello!!! Way bigger response to this project than I expected!

I have made a couple improvements and republished the model.

• Added rate limiting (security improvement) :hourglass:
  • Added support for auto-filled user metadata fields (username, userid, displayname) :writing_hand:
  • Updated this announcement with a reminder about GDPR compliance and our terms of use around user data. :lock:
  • Added support for question descriptions :tada:
  • Added support for limiting responses to one per form per user :cookie:
  • Better scaling for ten foot interfaces :mag:
  • Cleaned up FormService significantly (removed lots of duplicate code) :broom:

Thank you @RenanMSV and others for such great feature requests!

15 Likes

Done! Both are supported now. The user information is displayed in the title section next to the form name and description.

3 Likes

Thank you for the plugin, it’s pretty awesome.

One quick question, I’m not too clear on how to get the UserId of the form submitter. Is there a way I can capture this data?

I think you would have to do something like this in the submit button:

local LocalPlayer = game: GetService(“Players”).LocalPlayer
local ID = LocalPlayer.UserID

I don’t know how to store that sorry

Nice, for some reason I was thinking this was all on the server side… yes, your suggestion put me in the right direction. Thanks.

1 Like

One bug I found! I have a bugs/suggestions forum and depending on your answer you’ll be moved to the section that you need, but this will automatically answer the forum when they click ‘Next’ instead of take them to the next section.

1 Like

I(t depends where you need it.

If you want it auto-filled into in the form response, you just need to add a question to your form with the name __userid__.

If you want to reference it in code, you can either access the id of the local player in a local script like @Dede_4242 suggested, or hook into the remote function that handles form submission (where you have access to the player object as an argument).

2 Likes

Can you create a GitHub repo so others can contribute/view the code?

2 Likes

I think it would be cool to add a way to use the upload image feature. Is this even possible? Probably not, but I was thinking maybe you could paste an image id or something.

1 Like

I hate to say it, but this module didn’t work as intended (well, it did work, but not fully).
I kept receiving the warning “Parsed label from data-params not equal to other.” and the title for the questions are blank even though they aren’t in the actual form page.

1 Like

You can’t debug unless you provide some valid code and the form. You want to us to guess your problem.

Hi. It would be really cool if this was released on Github (or something simullar like Gitlab) so other people could suggest changes to the code and make forks of it.

Anyways this has very nice looking UI :+1:

This is absolutely awesome! However it doesn’t seem to work for me. I’ve enabled HTTP requests, editted the FormId and whenever I press the button nothing happens. Also when I change the FormId to the form provided here (the formEmbedder one) it still doesn’t open anything when I press the button.

Also no errors appear or anything so it can’t be my form that isn’t working since the one that should, doesn’t work. I don’t think this is needed but here is my form id:
1FAIpQLSe8a9S_sKr2nAvq_ejR28TakffO_iZpVb1Req4hbxh2QoTmpg