Forum Update - Post Body Characters Limit?

I was trying to reply to someone not so long ago and I got this error
This has never showed up before, is this new?

1 Like

I believe this is new. This may be due to the amount of “spam” posts in the RDC 2019 thread, and other threads.

2 Likes

This is an experiment by Developer Relations to see if it will improve the posting quality on announcement threads. It is a compromise between certain teams at Roblox wanting to keep all responses (even if they’re really short / not remarkable) and community members that instead want an efficient reading experience.

It should also help against “Thanks!” comments on support threads without anyone actually needing to step in and remind the person that that might not be desirable content. They’ll just be nicely reminded of the fact that they can leave a Like instead of a short post.

9 Likes

Can we report responses that use “50 responses” as a way to reach +50 characters?

In threads like these it’s probably OK since you can’t really get around short responses:
https://devforum.roblox.com/t/unofficial-devforum-group-update/246393

In all other threads, sure maybe message the poster asking them to fix their post. I’ve just gone ahead and fixed all the existing ones and gave feedback to the posters in DMs.

4 Likes