Frame Skipping Camera Lag Issue

Hello, since yesterday, my camera has been skipping frames and lagging for no good reason. I’m running on a 16GB RAM MSI Laptop that I’ve had for a few months that can run Cyberpunk 2077 on High graphics and average 80 FPS, I attached a video below showing my problem. I’ve seen many other people having the same issue.

Solutions I’ve tried:
Restarting, Virus Scan, Drivers Update, Cleaned Desktop, Turned on Efficiency Mode on my browser (Opera GX), Disabled Beta Features, Disconnected all USB devices and put them back, Deleting ALL Assets on my baseplate in case that was it, I WOULD uninstall and reinstall both roblox and roblox studio but for whatever reason I CANNOT uninstall either of them, both through windows settings and task manager, nothing works.

Video:

External Media

This is not the recording software, this is not your computer, this is GENUINELY how it looks on my end, and it’s making studio nearly impossible to use, because guess who needs to build.

If you have any ideas or solutions, please shoot them my way, it would be so appreciated.

2 Likes

Also says video expires in 2 days, so I’m not sure if it’ll become unavailable in 2 days or not but if it does, I’ll have to compress the original video since Dev Forum only allows up to 10MB videos.

1 Like

I think I’ve been having a the same issue as you.

For me, the frames are fine, but mouse inputs are super laggy and seem to backlog. So when trying to move the camera it’s super choppy, despite having a high framerate. Not only that, for quick mouse inputs in play testing, the response is clearly delayed by about 300 ms.

I’ve tried restarting studio, my computer, and reseting my studio preferences from the command line. Weirdly, the issue completely goes away when the studio window is on my laptop screen instead of my monitor.

(@OP Trying to build any amount with is such a pain, my condolences)

M1 Macbook
Logitech Lift Mouse (happens with both bluetooth and USB receiver)

Here my original reply about this:

2 Likes

The hell are we supposed to do about this? Makes building so annoying since I’ll adjust my camera to get a different angle and then it spins me out of the loop. It’s so annoying. At least I know it’s not a problem with me or my computer. Probably just roblox being the mediocre platform its always been.

2 Likes

So. After countless headaches. I hope this is the same fix for others, but all I did, was unplug my mouse, and plug it back in. That’s it. NOTHING ELSE. Fuming. I don’t even have the patience to deal with this man, genuinely.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.