FreeCamera for taking in game recordings/screenshots

I think this might be used as a cheating tool in some games, particularly ones that involves hiding.

Would only be for the developer(s)ā€¦ which isnā€™t really cheating :smiley:

1 Like

Oh, okay. :3

Also, Iā€™m a fan of you!

3 Likes

Welcome to the devforums, where everyone is secretly a fan of everyone.

19 Likes

lol true

1 Like

Sorry for bumping this, but is this disabled now?

I canā€™t seem to activate it anymore.

The key shortcut was too general and likely to cause collisions so it was changed. The FreeCamera is activated with Ctrl + Shift + P now.

5 Likes

Still seem to be unable to activate it.

3 Likes

I noticed that the free camera scripts are not always consistently inserted, a marketing contractor had problems recording in our event game half the time so I ended up just adding FreeCam to our codebase and adding it manually, which solved the issue.

@TheRings0fSaturn could you try starting a new server in your game a few times and testing each time whether it works? Please report whether it works sometimes or it if really doesnā€™t work 100% of the time.

3 Likes

Appears to only load in sometimes. cc @TheGamer101

4 Likes

Thank you whoever made that change! I couldnā€™t shift sprint and hit P in my game without the activation of the camera.

1 Like

Iā€™m also having this exact problem. Itā€™s driving me crazy - it was so good to make promotional videos with.

Edit: I think I figured out the why. If you have a character respawn using LoadCharacter(), it makes the FreeCamera consistently never work. I believe this used to not be the case a few updates back, but I could be mistaken.

3 Likes

Ironically enough, my game uses LoadCharacter() so players can choose when to respawn.
Hopefully itā€™s fixed. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Make sure to file it as a bug report if you can isolate it on a baseplate (i.e. calling LoadCharacter on a baseplate causes FreeCam to break). They wonā€™t fix issues that are not properly reported.

4 Likes

Donā€™t mean to bump. But a group game of mine is experiencing a bug where certain group members (who do not have access to edit the games) have the ability to FreeCam. Iā€™m wondering if anyone else has experienced this, or knows of some solution. Thanks.

1 Like

May be a good idea or opportunity to allow us to set our own keybinds?

2 Likes

Please use Platform Feedback to report bugs or request features related to FreeCamera