Friendship Tester

I honestly don’t know what to call this thing, but I’m sure most of you have seen something like “Love Tester” website where you can input someone’s name and it gives you a percentage to determine if you two would be a good couple.

I thought about the idea of recreating something like this in Roblox, but then realizing that you can’t have a love tester thing in a game as it violates ToS. So, I came up with the next best thing. Friendship Tester.

The basic idea on how this would work is two people would stand on a platform and the meter would go to a percentage on the scale. When someone steps off and the platform doesn’t have two players, the meter would automatically go back to 0.

I have never seen someone actually make something like this in a Roblox game and I honestly have no idea how to get around this. Where could I start to create something like this?

Keep in mind I would be scripting, this not building it. Someone else completed the build, and I’ll be attaching an image to refer to after reading this.

Image: (KEEP IN MIND, IT SAYS LOVE TESTER FOR NOW BUT I TOLD THE BUILDER TO CHANGE IT AS WE JUST FOUND OUT THAT IT WOULD BE VIOLATING TOS AS IT’S A FORM OF DATING)

1 Like

You could loop through all the players and determine whether or not they are standing on the platform by checking their position compared to the platform’s.

If one or no people are above it, then the scale would read 0.
If two or more people are on it you could adjust the percent however you see fit.

3 Likes

You could take a few digits from their user ID, do some random calculations and some magic. Format this final value to get a “friendship percentage”

I’m not sure whether you’re trying to do it through randomness, but if not, I would see if
A. They have a same friends
B. If they have some same favorite games
There are a ton more ways (somehow storing how long they play typically, pretty sure you can do that using HTTP service, although I’ve never used it so I can’t be sure.)
I hope this helps :slight_smile:

1 Like

make a region3 out of the two places constantly loop through all the parts in the region3 and if there are players in both regions then randomly generate a percentage i guess

1 Like

Most of these websites just compute a random number.
The difficulty would be to get the same percentage between the same people. You could store the number inside of a Datastore, or use their UserId for the calculation as @Jxl_s suggested.

1 Like

Well do you even know how the “Love Tester” calculates itself? It just sounds really random and so you might just have to be also that random for you to make something like this.

For a less random approach, learn all you can from the players involved. You can see similar friends, if in the same group, and as much as you can learn.

This could help.

1 Like

I have read over all your replies, and I think I’m going to go ahead and do what @Jxl_s said. I’m also going to add a cooldown to this just to make sure nobody is spam teleporting to it and messing it up.

Also I apologize for the late response, I was on vacation and didn’t have access to my PC.