From learning Roblox Studio to Blender,

Hey, Ive been building with specifically only Roblox Studio, how is it getting in to blender or any other software in that category. I’ve been building for 8 years or so on and off and haven’t touched blender at all and by the looks of it to stay up to date I have to learn it.

1 Like

It’s been ‘entertaining’ for me, since I was in the same boat.
Just give it a try.
My biggest issue with it is when flipping back and forth between Studio and Blender is the camera control. It’s taken a while to get used to, but I find that if I use either one for a few hours or so without switching then it isn’t a problem.

4 Likes

I would definitely recommend using Blender! There is a bit of a learning curve, but it is definitely worth getting into.

I am a beginner in Blender, and the most useful resource for me is YouTube. Most tutorials start very simple and then flesh things out as they go along.

Some Blender tutorials are very long, so I would look for a short one that shows the very basics (where the buttons are, how to put in a shape, how to edit that shape, etc.) and then find another one to make your first model. There are lots of tutorials that are made specifically for Roblox users, which are generally shorter and provide more useful information.

It may seem like a long process, but it will be very rewarding in the end, as you can do so much more with Blender than you can do with Studio.

Hope this helps!

3 Likes

Yeah is there a good tutorial for using Blender with roblox?

1 Like

i suggest checking out blender guru and cg geek!! most of what i know about blender comes from their tutorials. there’s also zantonny who makes blender tutorials specifically for roblox, you might wanna check him out too.

1 Like

Not exactly sure as to what you mean by “with ROBLOX”, but there are plenty of good tutorials on YouTube that can teach you how to use Blender (Can’t really name any from memory, but they’re out there). I believe the tri limit was 10,000 before being changed to 20,000 recently, so keep that in mind. That, and it isn’t possible to export objects as an .FBX file in ROBLOX Studio for some reason.

I’ve been working with Blender since early 2019 and it’s a pretty fun program to work with once you get the hang of it. If you do get into Blender then good luck! :smile:

1 Like