Full Release of the 9-Slice Editor

Hi PeZsmistic, thanks for your comments. I agree that the ability to toggle between interpolated/pixelated mode and the ability to open images that aren’t visible in the workspace would be valuable improvements to the 9-Slice Editor. I’ve created separate tickets to track both of these suggestions in our backlog, but can’t make any promises about when we get to them.

What do you think about having the 9-Slice Editor automatically use pixelated resample mode when the image is scaled larger than actual size in the editor, and bilinear (smooth) resampling otherwise?

Hi, nice mockup and thanks for the great suggestion! We’ll investigate adding real-time feedback in the next round of 9-Slice improvements.

2 Likes

Thanks for the feedback @MatkeFTW! I made an internal ticket to track the addition of an “Image Size” property or indicator for ImageLabels/ImageButtons.

Would you need the ability to get the image size of images that haven’t been loaded? For example, you have an ImageLabel/ImageButton with a Content ID that isn’t rendered anywhere so the texture isn’t fetched?

There’s also a few different ways of adding such an image size API, for example, we could add a function to ContentProvider such as ContentProvider:GetImageSize(string textureId). Any thoughts on this?

1 Like

Hi, the original 9-Slice Editor beta post: 9-Slice Editor: Studio Beta has some info about how 9-slicing works. Usually 9-sliced scaling is used for custom borders, frames, or when you have corner decorations that you want to avoid being stretched.

But deforming faces is a cool application too!

Thanks! I appreciate it.

I think automating the pixelated resample mode is the best thing to do. Your criteria sounds like it would work fine.

Oh, this is incredible. I love it

This is really exiting, as developper’s UI’s will become more advanced, personalized and unique. Making them stand out, this is really good to see.

Hmmm, well I personally would use the read-only property while designing UI for my game. I usually tend to forget sizes of images that are in my game, and adding this property would help a lot when designing UI for a game.

As for the ContentProvider:GetImageSize(string textureId) function, that would be would be a great addition, I can see situations where this function would be useful.

Woah :0000 this looks so cool!!!

This makes me want to get into UI just to use this lololol

Awesome stuff. This platform just keeps getting better.

The only issue I have with the Slide Editor is that if you have rounded corners on your image, they do not scale on different screen sizes. For example, the curves appears small on large screens and large on small screens which results in the image taking a whole new form on different screen sizes.

Finally! happy to see that, it will be now more easy to design ui!!
look what i got

ot

Hi everyone, I just wanted to give an update that the 9-Slice Editor now supports resizing the image preview when you resize the editor window! This should make it easier to edit the slice boundaries of large 9-sliced images.

The image preview now uses pixelated resampling (not smooth) if scaled larger than 100% size to make it clearer to see the slice boundaries of small images.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.