Future is Bright Phase 3 Released

Are there any plans to fix these issues?

18 Likes

I’ve had some minor issues with Phase 3 which is that it seems to flicker in the roofs when used on the inside of a corridor. Otherwise I really like Future lighting.

4 Likes

Wow! Just wow! Thank you for this long awaited update! I’m a huge fan.

34 Likes

When this was still in beta, I noticed that you couldn’t access the technology via commands or scripts, which you were previously able to do before the beta testing of this lighting. Is that still the case with this released, or has it reverted to what it was before the beta, letting us access it again? If anyone has an answer, please let me know.

Example of accessing the technology:

game.Lighting.Technology = Future

3 Likes

You’re not supposed to be able to change it at run time. It has to be pre-set.

2 Likes

Will it be possible to change the lighting technology in game in the future for lower performance devices? Really want the new lighting but don’t want to alienate people with slower hardware.

3 Likes

iirc they never said anything about a phase 4. So this is practically the final version

2 Likes

Will these new lighting features create lag if used in games?

No, they’ll have to live with having their settings lowered.

1 Like

Oh, then I must have messed up somewhere thinking that it’d work. It would be a cool feature anyways. I can see how it could cause performance issues when switching in-game though.

1 Like

Notice that this is Phase 3, not the actual release. There still a lot of testing and work to do, so i guess they’re open for surggestions

1 Like

If level 1 graphics on Future Lighting is as performant as level 1 graphics otherwise, then this is fine. Lots of people already play with level 1 graphics.

3 Likes

I’ve been waiting so long for this, though I just came across a slight issue. Having multiple ceiling lights ruin your characters shadow. The video explains itself:

Thanks!

12 Likes

From Compatibility to Future lighting without any tweaks. (This is a golden example)

I love it.

22 Likes

Is this not how lights work in real life? Looks fine to me!

10 Likes

I also see this happening with my studio & game. Glad to see it’s not only me having this bug. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Your shadow loops like that in real life in a regularly lighted room?

1 Like

is compatibility, voxel, shadowmap being removed? I wouldn’t mind voxel or shadowmap being removed since they are like filler older versions of the same thing.

I am having major flickering issues with some lights that are up high, some are even constantly flickering if you stay still in a specific position.

17 Likes

Looks like your lights have a very tight angle and the character keeps going out of their cone. Increase the angle and that should fix your issue.

10 Likes