Game crashing on mobile devices

We’ve seen a huge number of reports of mobile players (Android or iOS) crashing within a few minutes of joining a match of BedWars.
These reports started coming in on Wednesday and have ramped up since then.

We tested old versions of the game with someone experiencing this issue & they continued to crash leading us to believe this is a Roblox issue. Further we saw players (although maybe less frequently) seem to be having a similar issue on a similar timeline in Jailbreak.

12 Likes

I have the same issue in my game, 🌞 average plate gaem - Roblox. A large chunk of my player base uses a mobile phone or tablet. The reports I’ve received began today, and despite rolling the game back to a version before the reports started, the crashing persisted.

From what I’ve seen or been told, there is a possibility of it having to do with TeleportService, but I am not completely sure.

4 Likes

Yes thank you for making a post about this!
Same here for our game Yellowstone Unleashed (Yellowstone Unleashed - Roblox).

I can add that we have received many reports of mobile players crashing too within the last 24hrs or so. And since the last Roblox update, we didn’t update the game, so the issue is most likely on Roblox.

The players report crashes 30s to 1min after joining the game.

I was starting to think only we were affected :sweat_smile:. “Happy” to see others are affected too, as this means it’s not just our game’s code that’s bad…

@dukzae we don’t use teleport service for our game. Players report crashes after joining a place from the website’s play button.

Please revert or fix this asap.

1 Like

For what it’s worth my assumption is that it’s memory related. Possibly changes to streamingenabled?

Players don’t see an error code, but they are just sent back to the Roblox home screen, as if the app restarts on them.

1 Like

Also been getting this in my game. Appears to happen when a big model loads in.

2 Likes

Our team is aware of this issue and is working on a fix.

3 Likes

Our team has deployed a fix for this issue. Users will have to update their Roblox app in order to receive the fix.

4 Likes

Thank you very much for the quick weekend fix :heart:.
Seems to be fixed for our game.

2 Likes

Hi @SrWildernessXplorer, our game Military Tycoon still has this issue as we speak. Our mobile session length doesn’t seem to be going up and has been 50% down since Thursday… is there any info on what we can do to fix this? (As not every game has this issue)

Hoping for a quick reply, we lost alot of players already :confused:

hello,

it is still happening on my device. theres no available update on the roblox app. i have an iphone 14 pro max

1 Like

Hi All, Our team is doing a forced update to the fixed version (2.582.400). We expect full recovery by end of day today.

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.