Game Framework Suggestions

Hello, I’m currently working on a game framework called Volt. The idea behind this was to provide an alternative to the two most popular frameworks (Aero Game Framework & Knit) that’s a bit more heavy-duty. I completed the development of the framework and realized it was a bit too similar to Knit with minor differences but still had some nice features such as a fully fleshed out library system and an intuitive service system.

I decided to scrap it and rethink what I actually wanted to make. I realized what a lot of developers struggle with is organization in their games. Things can get messy when it comes to scripting. So now the current version of Volt focuses on managing your game’s execution model and ensuring everything stays organized through a powerful directory system. While I like this, on its own it still doesn’t provide enough.

What I need are suggestions from other developers in terms of what they feel would really simplify and clean up their game development workflow. Please offer suggestions on what features I should implement into this framework.

2 Likes

I think the framework should be easy to use.

1 Like

v1.0.1 is actually already out! You can check it out here. You can find the documentation here. I tried to make it as user-friendly as possible.

1 Like