Game is almost unplayable for me, but a friend with similar computer specs runs it at 60 fps?

(I apologize if this is not the correct category for what im describing)

I am currently creating a game with friends and have recently runned into a major performance issue, however, only i suffer from this issue.

When playing on max graphics my game stutters and gets between 8 to 15 frames per second, however, my friend with a similar computer to me gets 60 frames per second and a smooth gameplay with no stutters

I assume this might be a issue with building, as the game barely has any scripts at the time being

My computer specs:
Ryzen 3 2200g
12 GB RAM
Vega 8

My friends computer specs:
Ryzen 3 3300g
8 GB RAM
Vega 8

I have tried optimizing the game in several forms, transformed pointless unions into meshes and reduced the use of parts in buildings, but no positive results so far.

I also reinstalled Roblox, updated my drivers and made Roblox run into high performance mode through Windows, yet not a single improvement.

I even have a friend with a weak computer who runs the game just fine yet i struggle

Im running out of ideas so i decided to post my issue here, if anybody has a possible solution or has also experienced this i would like to know, thanks for reading

will update if i get to solve this problem

Edit: Found out that this is not a problem with my game but with Roblox, im having bad performance in every single place

Edit 2: I noticed that my render is almost at red, could this mean something?
Screenshot_6

2 Likes

Your computer might be overheating, and check your task manager and your cpu usage, you will probably find the problem in there.
Good luck.

3 Likes

Does it lag on any other game (outside of Roblox)?

I’m trying to find out whether it’s a PC problem or a Roblox problem.

1 Like

It seems like its a issue with Roblox in general and not just with my game as i did some testing in other places and had bad performance in them.

I did a little benchmark in some games outside of roblox that require a sorta good computer and it was running well.

The temperature and the cpu usage is fine so i don’t suppose thats the problem, but thanks for the help anyway

After a little bit of digging…

I’ve come up with a list of solutions that may or may not work.

• Turn off Game Mode on Windows

1 Like

Are you using a bigger screen than your friend? From the sample images you provided, your screen seems to be at a higher density than his. Look at the jagged lines on his screenshot compared to yours.

If he isn’t on low graphics then his resolution/screen is very small compared to yours.

2 Likes

This may have something to do with the resolutions of our monitors, mine is 1920x1080 while his is 1600x900, he confirmed to me that his screenshot was at max graphics

If you’re using windows 10 and set the screen size to 150% I think it might run Roblox at a lower resolution and upsize it to fit the screen

its worth a try, easy to try and put back:

1 Like

Tried it out and unfortunately no significant changes to the framerate

This sort of had some changes in other games but the lag remains in my place, at least other games are playable now

1 Like

I’d recommend lowering the resolution of the window you’re playing it in.
For me I’d always play with my window sized down because my older computer wasn’t so great, and I’d normally get 60fps, but full screen and I’d get around 40fps.

It could also be the age of your computer, as normally devices normally tend to ware out more the older it gets.

3 Likes
  1. Update your drivers
    Check if your graphics or any drivers are at the latest version.
    (Go to your computer’s manufacturer’s site and find it)

2. Update your windows
    Like above 1, Update your windows too.

3. Turn off most third party programs
    Follow this website to disable startup programs when you start your computer.
    Shut down most other programs if you could.

Hope one of these could help :wink:

1 Like

I have the exact same specs as you except 8GB RAM. I had the same problem, but I just updated my drivers and reinstalled roblox. everything is running in 50-60 fps at the moment. might help you too!

2 Likes

Make sure no programs are using up the resources in the background.

1 Like

Can I get the link for this game? I want to check if it’s experience’s problem

1 Like

try playing on a different account. you said you’ve reinstalled and the issue persists. i don’t imagine there would be any difference to playing on a different account, but if you do try it on a different account, you can say with 100% certainty that it’s on your end.

also, is your computer detecting your Vega 8 graphics?

you might have a driver issue.

1 Like

Yep, thats a issue on my end

i just installed the latest AMD optional driver and im now going to update my windows to see if any changes occur

I will try updating my windows and update you if any changes happen, thanks for the hint

By playing in windowed mode i actually went from 15 to some times 30 fps, its a good hint for increasing performance